Dishonored Definitive or Dishonored 2?

Soldato
I'm looking for a decent game to play over the weekend. I've narrowed it down to Dishonored, compete with all the DLC or its sequel. I just can't decide between the two. Although I played the original on release, I haven't played the DLC nor can I remember much about storyline. I've not played the sequel, but as good as it looks, the performance issues that some people have reported are a bit worrying. I'd get both but I don't have the time to complete them. What would be the best choice for a weekend gaming binge?

Cheers.

Associate
Not tried the second (will once denuvo gets removed) but can highly recommened Dishonoured (Yes, with a "U"! :p).
textures kind of look low, but once you're running around, you soon forget.
One downside, is the load screens have some messages, but because the game loads insanely fast, you sometimes never get to read them haha.
It's a great game & I'd say may as well play the first...well, first ;)

Soldato
OP
Is the second one a longer game, or about the same? I seem to remember the original being quite short.

Soldato
You really gotta play both man. They are both masterpieces, including the DLCs to first game.

D2 took me lot longer than first, completionist playstyle. Huge missions.

Caporegime
So is the Definitive version better than the original? You never know with these things (looking at you Bioshock) that the newer version is more buggy or whathaveyou.

Soldato
OP
I ended up getting Dishonored 2. I still want to play the DLC from the original, so I might pick that up at a later date. Fingers crossed it works....

Soldato
I ended up getting Dishonored 2. I still want to play the DLC from the original, so I might pick that up at a later date. Fingers crossed it works....
No no no. Go and buy the 1st game and play it first. It's not mandatory, but you're gonna get *way* more outta DH2 if you do.

This isn't some generic gameplay-focused game. The world-building is amazing, and the Corvo situation will make a lot more sense.

Plus it runs like a dream. A GTX970 will get you 4k/60fps at max settings - not kidding.

I dont care if the original isn't on sale. Buy it at what price it is available at, along with the DLC(which is fantastic!). It is honestly one of the best games of the last generation.

Soldato
OP
No no no. Go and buy the 1st game and play it first. It's not mandatory, but you're gonna get *way* more outta DH2 if you do.

This isn't some generic gameplay-focused game. The world-building is amazing, and the Corvo situation will make a lot more sense.

Plus it runs like a dream. A GTX970 will get you 4k/60fps at max settings - not kidding.

I dont care if the original isn't on sale. Buy it at what price it is available at, along with the DLC(which is fantastic!). It is honestly one of the best games of the last generation.

I played the original upon release, albeit on a different platform. I just haven't played the DLC for it.

Soldato
OP
Starting to think I might have made the wrong decision. The game crashes to desktop without an error message every couple of mins. Runs fine aside from that...Can't even refund because I bought through GMG.

Back
Top Bottom