HP Omen 17-W205na - £1499

Associate
Is the following spec decent for £1499? I've had a browse on here and a Google and I believe this to be a decent price. Thought I'd check in on here before spending a wedge on a laptop. Thanks in advance.

Screen size 17.3in
Processor manufacturer Intel
Processor Model Intel Core i7
Processor Number I7-7700HQ
RAM Memory 16GB
Storage 256GB
Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
Operating System Windows 10 Home
Optical Drive None
Touchscreen Non Touch
Graphics GeForce GTX 1070
Warranty 1 year warranty
Display and Keyboard
Screen size 17.3in
Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
Touchscreen Non Touch
Processor
Processor Model Intel Core i7
Processor Number I7-7700HQ
Clock Speed 2.8GHz
Memory
RAM Memory 16GB
Memory type DDR4 SDRAM
Storage
Hard drive capacity 1TB
SSD Capacity 256GB
Graphics
Graphic Type Dedicated
Graphics Manufacturer NVIDIA
Graphics card GeForce GTX 1070
Graphics Memory 8GB

Soldato
The high street catalogue shop currently have a Medion Erazer 7700 GTX 1070 Laptop for £1323. Tbh for the price it's a fantastic machine and well worth a look. It's pretty much identical in spec to the HP posted but has better cooling and more upgrade options.

Alienware are ok but god help you f you need to deal with Dell support they are horrendous on every level.

Associate
I've had a look but others on here have had issues with the alienware laptops, mainly overheating and having to return them.

I have an Alienware 15. On most forums, you'll only ever hear about people who have had problems, sometimes exaggerating their issues. The vast majority of people who have perfectly working laptops never post about their positive experiences, regardless of which manufacturer it is.

I've had my Alienware for a year and it's been excellent. Not a single issue and it's been currently on 24 hours a day for the the past 3 months. I'd recommend the Outlet as well. I saved about £800 off the price and got a brand new unit.

Caporegime
The high street catalogue shop currently have a Medion Erazer 7700 GTX 1070 Laptop for £1323. Tbh for the price it's a fantastic machine and well worth a look. It's pretty much identical in spec to the HP posted but has better cooling and more upgrade options.

Not saying you are wrong or owt but how do you know the Medion has better cooling than the HP?

Back
Top Bottom