First time visit to a Michelin starred restaurant

• Thread starter Deleted member 11679
  • Start date
Soldato
Also i can't seem to find a wine list on the website!

Not sure if my wife will like the taster menu so that might not be an option. She may also tell me to **** if i suggest £400 on a meal!

Figure the 3 Course meal with drinks will come in around £250

Soldato
Their wine list is pretty good from what I remember. A good choice of wines at sensible prices.

They're generally quick to answer emails so it might be worth asking them if they can email you a copy.

Soldato
Good call, they've already emailed it me.

£20 a glass of Bollinger seems a bit excessive, in fact a lot of their champagne seems very heavily marked up. I guess thats just part and parcel of a place like this.

Although i do like the fact that they do 375ml glasses of wine!

Soldato
Good call, they've already emailed it me.

£20 a glass of Bollinger seems a bit excessive, in fact a lot of their champagne seems very heavily marked up. I guess thats just part and parcel of a place like this.

Although i do like the fact that they do 375ml glasses of wine!
Whilst there are some very good very reasonable wine lists in London fine dining restaurants, unfortunately you'll be hard pressed to find restaurants where the pre-meal glass of Champagne can be called good value.

Soldato
Their house champagne is reasonably priced I seem to remember. I don't remember seeing it on the wine list last time I was there.

Did you ask for a table at the window? There's no guarantees you'll get one but it's worth asking.

Their bar is pretty good, we always arrive a bit early and head there for a drink before going to our table.

Soldato
If anyone goes here, get the lamb chops.
Thank me later.
Seems to be the go-to dish at any upscale Indian place. The ones at Tandoor Chop House are incredible. Better than Dishoom. In fact if you like that sort of thing I'd highly recommend TCH over Dishoom.*

*As a sidenote, I walk past Dishoom every night and even at 6pm there's a queue of 20-odd people outside. Ridiculous. I've heard rumours of them "managing" the queue (i.e. keeping it long on purpose), as when people get inside there's plenty of space. Certainly happened to me one lunchtime, although we didn't queue we had to go through 3 front-of-house staff to get a table for 2, then we we got in it wasn't even that busy :confused: Seems very excessive.

Back
Top Bottom