Paint

Soldato
On my way to a wickes store tomorrow as they do paint mixing for the dulux trade paint (which i am told is good stuff)

The problem is that they don't list any prices for any of the colour match paints and I am trying to find out what a 10L tub of emulsion is going to set me back.

I think I'm looking at £70 or £80, is there any way to get a light grey emulsion a bit cheaper than that ?
the colour I am looking at getting mixed is Grey Wisp, but i'm not particularly bound to that colour, any light grey will do.

I just don't want paint that is going to a be a ballache to paint with.

Associate
Won't be that much, as paint is cheap in the UK.

We paid around 100 euro per 10l of dulux trade emulsion. It actually works out cheaper to buy it from the UK then have it shipped over.

Soldato
Could go to a dulux decorator centre also, might be cheaper?

We're in same boat at the moment, avoiding valspar and considering either dulux or Johnstone's colour mixing.

Caporegime
go to B & M. they have Johnstone's and other stuff for cheap. Just go with well recommended brand names in there cannot go wrong.

e.g. you want harris brushes and rollers rather than the cheap crap beside them for a 10th of the price.

Man of Honour
Any issues with Johnstone's?

I used Johnstone's trade paint to do my ceilings with great results and reasonably priced as well. Much easier to work with than any of the other paints I used for the rest of the decorating though that said I used endurance stuff for the rest which needs 2x coats, etc.

Soldato
I once tried painting with some Dulux endurance and it was horrible. Thick and gloopy and would not spread evenly. I ended up thinning it down and it was still dire. However, I do need to do some painting as well and do want something tougher and better lasting when touched/rubbed against by kids as it will be down the stairs. Any tips as to what to buy? When people refer to "Trade Dulux" can you link me to exactly what this is and looks like as it's not clear to me. I want Grey as well.

Associate
I've been slowly redecorating our new house, and can't tell you how important good quality paint is! It makes the job so much nicer.
I've been using Johnstones vinyl matt for ceilings and wall's, and their water-based gloss and undercoat for woodwork.
Decent set of brushes and rollers and you're away!

Back
Top Bottom