Looking for a curry...

Soldato
Hi all

WE NEED YOUR HELP!! Me and the missus are looking for a curry that i had before but can never find it anywhere :(

We used to get a Curry from our local curry house in Bristol but moved to Swindon about two years ago and haven't found a curry like it.. It was a Chicken Tikka Massala but not hot and wasnt orange like the ones i find now, it was pure Red and a thicker sauce...

Bloody scrummy but having no luck getting one like it.

Any suggestions on what it could be?

Soldato
OP
Update guys, Just had a curry and.......

It was exactly the same as the one from Bristol...

The missus rang up the curry house in Bristol and asked what kind it was :p they said its just a regular tikka masala, they said it wouldnt be a tandoori as it would be spicy so its regular tikka... And the Naan bread was pucker to also big, we ordered 3 :p

How come the usual currys in supermarkets are more Orange in colour rather than this Pinky/Red...

Soldato
It'll be food colouring. I'm guessing the ones in supermarkets might not contain it so they can put the 'no artificial coloring or flavours' thing on the box maybe.

Soldato
I'm British Indian and I've eaten Indian food all my life, almost every day! I've got to say I've never eaten a red curry :p Just looks like it's been loaded with tandoori powder.

Associate
Same Tikka Masala can vary in colour and taste from different curry houses.
Some we tried were sickly sweet put us right off them.
Now order Rogan Josh maybe try that.

Soldato
OP
I'm British Indian and I've eaten Indian food all my life, almost every day! I've got to say I've never eaten a red curry :p Just looks like it's been loaded with tandoori powder.

Its not like the normal Tikka Masala I have, This one is more sweet than Spicy....

Same Tikka Masala can vary in colour and taste from different curry houses.
Some we tried were sickly sweet put us right off them.
Now order Rogan Josh maybe try that.

Yeah we've ordered from different places and most of the time end up with a wide variety of Tikka Masala... I will try the Rogan Josh I like a bit of a kick to my curry's but the missus likes them sweet.... Like me ;)

Soldato
Got a new Curry menu through the door a few weeks back and as I had a couple of mates round, decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised how good it was with the highlight for me being the onion bhajis (crispy and tasty and not at all doughy) and the Dupiaza (which I hadn't tried before). And they do 15% off if you order online which is nice.

Soldato
OP
Got a new Curry menu through the door a few weeks back and as I had a couple of mates round, decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised how good it was with the highlight for me being the onion bhajis (crispy and tasty and not at all doughy) and the Dupiaza (which I hadn't tried before). And they do 15% off if you order online which is nice.

Its not often we get a curry in but when we do the missus goes all out as she enjoys the sides, I've never tried Dupiaza before but reading the description online I may have to add that to the next order...

Soldato
Can't beat a good Lamb Tikka Pathia (or chicken tbh). I'm British Indian and that's always my go to.

There's a 'desi pub' (I hate that term) around the corner from me that does Indian mixed grills and curries and their Butter Chicken is out of this world!

mm fancy a curry now.

Soldato
British Indian here. Never seen a curry that red before! It's deffo a ton of colouring under all that.

I can't so kormas or masalas. It has to be chicken Tikka or Tawa along with some good old garlic naan. There's a place called The Regency Club near mine that does godly Indian grub.

Man I feel like a tikka now. :o

Soldato
Local place did Chicken/Lamb Naga Mirch. Which IIRC is basically pepper chicken/lamb. Only thing was the pepper was a ghost pepper.

The taste was great although they obviously had chilled it a little for taste rather than heat.. I have some 'red' chilli sauce... :D

PpGMfDyqJBXt7jfcyYvsj2a5KRPgjHPHiL7z6tYM7y4iOpzmiNw5VDp2Nkl8AzAw5wVKTKx3R5pYFBDX9u0Z8br3xmio_i8E1La8=w960-h720-no

Back
Top Bottom