An early reminder to keep an eye on your stuff whilst out celebrating this festive season

Caporegime
So, yeah. Keep an eye on your belongings folks. One thing I've learnt from that is that if you are leaving bags and coats on seats then it's probably worth covering the bags up. Anything to make it harder for them to swipe them onto the floor -- or get a good look at what's there :o

I've had similar with a laptop case, crowded pub near London Bridge, meeting a girl... just two of us on a table that could probably have 6 or so... so understandably others may come and sit down etc.. but was a bit weird to see some smack head type woman come and sit by herself - instantly suspicious. She'd asked if we minded if she at there and we said to go ahead.. then not long after I notice that my lap top case had moved under the table... she got told were she could go pretty quickly and again not long after the bar staff were kicking her out of the pub.

Unless things have changed, phones are only blocked for the country they are stolen in. Eg a bloacked UK mobile will work fine in France and a blocked French one will work fine in the UK. Hence a lot of stolen,blocked phones used to get shifted abroad where they then fetch decent money.

I think you're correct, either way they only get blocked at worst and people can find ways around that... it would be nice if manufacturers gave a way to actually brick the phone

Last edited:
Caporegime
probably a large part of the increase in crime in the UK tbh... little chavs on mini motorbikes and scooters driving around through traffic and snatching phones

Soldato
OP
I'm more confused about the festiveness of a colleagues leaving drinks.
I think the member of staff was like "oh the season has started now". I dunno :p

Glad the guy didn't clock me one, or worse. As said, you never know. Although once I had my hand on the bag I very much moved out of his way and showed him the door so to speak. No way I was going to try and keep him there. Body language is a useful thing I suppose :o

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Haha, what a load of tosh.
Money is the root of all evil, but it's the lack of money that causes theft.
They say money is the root of all evil
I see money as the root of all people
Cause we all follow paper trails, paper trails
And everybody gotta pay their bills, pay their bills

Soldato
Unless things have changed, phones are only blocked for the country they are stolen in. Eg a bloacked UK mobile will work fine in France and a blocked French one will work fine in the UK. Hence a lot of stolen,blocked phones used to get shifted abroad where they then fetch decent money.

iPhones can be locked by the owner or set to lock themselves after a number of incorrect PIN attempts. After that they're pretty much useless apart from being sold on for parts

Man of Honour
This combination amused me more than it probably should have :

14no703.jpg

Back
Top Bottom