Kevin Prison Evader

Soldato
I'm not a fan of this trial by media situation and I definitely can't wait for this "what constitutes sexual harassment" argument to normalise and find the right level. Having said that I have a sneaking suspicion that there might be more to come in terms of allegations against Spacey. He's always had a reputation for being difficult to work with and for a period of time there appeared to be an aversion to him in terms of casting, in addition at least on person in charge of casting has come out and said that they wouldn't have considered him back in the day because of rumours relating to his conduct.

I hope I'm wrong, he's a great actor and I'd always prefer to find out that allegations are baseless rather than find out that this crap has being going on for sometime but like so many others in the industry there's been a bit of a cloud hanging around him for a while.

Associate
This was posted back in 2011.

"I guess you're talking about Anthony Rapp.

"RAPP:[...] Now for some actors, being closeted may make them more interesting because that might create some sort of tension in their work.

HENSLEY: That makes me think of (a certain leading man) in (a certain award-winning film.)

RAPP: It's hard for me to evaluate his acting because I'm so angry at him. I met him when I was fourteen because we were both in plays and he invited me to a party at his house. I was bored so I was in his bedroom watching TV, and didn't know everybody had left and he came to the bedroom and he picked me up and laid down on top of me.

HENSLEY: Oh my God. What did you do?

RAPP: I squirmed away and went into the bathroom. I came out and I excused myself, and he's like "You sure you wanna go?" I always wonder if he remembers it because he was pretty drunk. And he's had so many."

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/10510884-kevin-spacey

Associate
Have had this pop up on Google News from the 'Indian Express' news site .... :p

http://images.indianexpress.com/2017/11/fea.jpg

** Do not hotlink images **

Roberto Cavazos and Tony Montana accuse Kevin Spacey of sexual harassment
Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos and actor-director Tony Montana have come up to accuse Kevin Spacey of sexual assault. Montana said Spacey groped him in 2003 while Roberto said that he had a couple of unpleasant encounters with Spacey that were on the edge of being called harassment.

http://indianexpress.com/article/en...se-kevin-spacey-of-sexual-harassment-4917392/

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
How long did it take for Weinstein's victims to speak up? Would've thought more people would accuse Spacey by now if he did this quite often.

Caporegime
The statement I saw didn't say that. Do you have a source for the statement you saw?

That's the very implication you made, are you being deliberately obtuse?

Yes they do, for the reasons I explained in the post you read. I'll quote it here for convenience:

"If he's innocent then his choices were extremely limited because he's presumed guilty as that's now the custom.

1) Say that the incident never happened. Since he's presumed guilty, he'd then be villified even more for victim-blaming, harassment, trivialising sexual assault, re-victimising the victim, etc, etc.
2) Say what he said: that he has no memory of the incident but that he apologises anyway for any offence caused."

Nonsense, you are making excuses for his bizarre behaviour.

What innocent people do when they are falsely accused is either remain silent or deny.

The statement Spacey makes implies he's guilty.

Soldato
The statement Spacey makes implies he's guilty.

There is no implying here, he himself has admitted guilt.

The question that remains is, given what goes on at these parties, was he drunk and drugged up so really doesn't recall or was he regular at pursuing under age people?

The historic celebrity, closed doors, party hard, rock and roll culture is going to be subject to exposés for a long time to come.

I also hope everyone else outside of celebrity culture is innocent, and by that I mean 'everyone in a culture that is accessible to social media judgement' including on this forum, because once celebrity culture had been rinsed through and people need a new focus; all those nights out, uni parties, dares, miss-conducts etc will be coming back to haunt.

Caporegime
There is no implying here, he himself has admitted guilt.
Has he? Where? All he's said is that he doesn't remember. I've had nights I've been so drunk I've lost several hours. If someone were to say that I sexually assaulted them in those hours then all I could honestly say is "I don't remember doing that." and hope that I hadn't, but I'd be hard pressed to rule it out given that I can't even give myself an alibi.

Caporegime
Has he? Where? All he's said is that he doesn't remember. I've had nights I've been so drunk I've lost several hours. If someone were to say that I sexually assaulted them in those hours then all I could honestly say is "I don't remember doing that." and hope that I hadn't, but I'd be hard pressed to rule it out given that I can't even give myself an alibi.

Oh come off it, you know if you are a sexual predator or not. If someone said you committed 9/11 when you were drunk would you just say you couldn't remember? Seriously?

Caporegime
Oh come off it, you know if you are a sexual predator or not. If someone said you committed 9/11 when you were drunk would you just say you couldn't remember? Seriously?
I've never dabbled in even light terrorism, but I have been known to flirt with women. Perfectly sensibly when sober, but could I say for certain that I hadn't done anything that might have caused offence when drunk to the point of memory loss?

The lesson, of course, being not to get so drunk you might do something that gets you in trouble when you sober up...

Caporegime

Sometimes there's cement dust on my trousers and I'm just not really sure how it happened

Associate

*****!? Really?

I recall the film The Kid & seeing her dangling in the air & never thought anything other than it just being some kid actor. Never imagined (thank.....****) that he was doing that to her, nor others.

I knew of FBI keeping an eye on him over other things, so why not this if true? :mad:

First Spacey (great in K-PAX, Moon etc), now Chaplin. If all of these are true, I'd be just as ****** at those that helped keep it hidden all of these years. :(

Back
Top Bottom