LB OLED55B7/C7 vs E7

Soldato
I've always had my eye on the 55" LG OLED55E7 due to the superior sound - We only turn the amp on for films etc...

Anyone able to comment on the superior sound of the E7 vs the B7/C7? And anything else - eg: It looks nicer :)

ie: Do I jump into the deal now on offer for the B7/C7 or wait for the E7 to drop to sub £2k etc?

Associate
I didn't think the E7 sounded all that good although didn't have it demo'd in a true home environment.

I ended up getting the 55 C7, SJ8 soundbar and the T8 stand which makes the soundbar look integrated. All in that set me back £1,700. The SJ8 isn't great but it's certainly better than the integrated speakers. I'd demo an E7 if you can, I'm not sure it's worth the extra cash/wait.

Was someone not flogging the 55 E7 for £1,500 last week via some kind of LG cashback thingy?

Soldato
OP
I didn't think the E7 sounded all that good although didn't have it demo'd in a true home environment.

I ended up getting the 55 C7, SJ8 soundbar and the T8 stand which makes the soundbar look integrated. All in that set me back £1,700. The SJ8 isn't great but it's certainly better than the integrated speakers. I'd demo an E7 if you can, I'm not sure it's worth the extra cash/wait.

Was someone not flogging the 55 E7 for £1,500 last week via some kind of LG cashback thingy?
Interesting... But having looked at that option (C7 with soundbar) I don't like the way the soundbar eats up the entire width of the TV and a good 4 inches infront too. I prefer the idea of a more subtle appearance. I'm sure the E7 will sound better than my current Panasonic GT30 plasma with down firing speakers!

Where the heck is that option for the E7 for £1500?

ps: The E7 comes with an advanced remote too?

EDIT: Just found the E7 for £2499 with £500 cash back! So 1999! - https://lg-offers.com/gb/en/pages/oledcashback/terms

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Managed to get John Lewis to price match someone else at £1999, and then get the £500 cash back from LG, so £1499. Now quite the even more epic deal from a few days ago (a few more hundred pounds off), but still good ;)

Soldato
OP
Not sure you'll get both. But good luck.
Why wouldn't they?

I just bought a TV for full price. When I send off my request to LG that will be the copy of the Invoice I send them. In the meantime, I've spotted a competitor to JL offering it cheaper and they have price matched it. The two (price match from JL and cash back from LG) are unrelated...

Where does it state the LG cash back offer about the price JL should change me? - https://lg-offers.com/gb/en/pages/oledcashback/terms

Soldato
My understanding is you get the £500 back from LG when you buy from the listed retailers. You don't get anything from the retailers themselves. Good luck either way.

I ended up going for the 65B7 - price matched against Currys - with the 'seamless' soundbar LG made to go with the series. It's looks pretty snazzy and replaces the stand. With the sub it comes with the sound should be better than the e3 and works out a fair bit cheaper at this size.

LG-SoundBar_SJ8.jpg

Soldato
OP
My understanding is you get the £500 back from LG when you buy from the listed retailers. You don't get anything from the retailers themselves. Good luck either way.
I think you misunderstand the two things going on?
1) I've bought a TV from JL at full price.
2) JL will price match a competitor giving me back £500 in a couple of weeks.
3) There is a completely separate offer from LG who you apply to with your proof of purchase (in my case full price at JL) and they will then give you a cash back in a couple of months (in my case £500).

Soldato
OP
Ah, fair enough. That should stack no probs.
Odd thing is I've already phoned LG to confirm if JL do a price match that won't somehow cause a problem to their Cash Back offer, and they can't answer as they don't have all the terms and conditions themselves :)

They're suppose to be phoning me back...

Back
Top Bottom