I think I messed up, feel sad.

Associate
Long story short I've owned this headset for 3-4 years. I love it so much. -

The problem is they are very worn so I ended up buying a new pair of headphones. I decided to go with these because I don't need a microphone.
I bought these -

The reason why I am sad is because my old pair had volume control on the side whereas these new headphones don't. Also if I don't use the 7.1 surround sound adapter from my old headset with my new headphones the headphones sound terrible for some reason.

I think I made a mistake. Do you think I should have went with an upgraded version of my old headset?

Basically what I'm asking is which one would you pick out of these.

Do not link competitors-schizo

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
HD599 they are a better quality headphone.

For simple stereo, ie. for music the 599 will sound better and for virtual surround, it's all up to the DSP and software, same goes for the 363/373.

So you can either continue to use the DSP from the 363 set or get yourself something like a Schiit Fulla 2, which will give you a volume control on the desk and use software virtual surround, either the one built into Windows 10 or Razer's offering.

Associate
I will not answer you because I'm tired of people posting 4 links in their thread (illegally in this case, because you can't link competitors) making me click those links and wasting my time when they could have just typed the name of the products in question. It's almost 2018. Learn to use a forum.

#RantOver

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I will not answer you because I'm tired of people posting 4 links in their thread (illegally in this case, because you can't link competitors) making me click those links and wasting my time when they could have just typed the name of the products in question. It's almost 2018. Learn to use a forum.

#RantOver

People join and don't read rules. Maybe the mods need to put a heading on the main page asking new members to read the rules, just as they have in the MM section, because people use that without reading the rules.

Anyway, to the question in hand; send the HD599's back and get the headset. It's either that or get something that will give you volume control, if that's what you're missing, plus better sound quality than the onboard audio. That's likely the reason the HD599's don't sound that good without the USB adaptor from your old headset. It's essentially a mini sound card.

I wouldn't go for a DAC/amp like the Schiit Fulla 2. It's a good choice for the music listener, but not for the gamer. It won't give you 5.1/7.1 sound, just stereo with no effects. Xonar U7 would be a better choice, but in all honesty, with £200 on the headphones and £70-£80 on the U7, you're not really going to be in a better position than just having the PC373D.

Associate
OP
People join and don't read rules. Maybe the mods need to put a heading on the main page asking new members to read the rules, just as they have in the MM section, because people use that without reading the rules.

Anyway, to the question in hand; send the HD599's back and get the headset. It's either that or get something that will give you volume control, if that's what you're missing, plus better sound quality than the onboard audio. That's likely the reason the HD599's don't sound that good without the USB adaptor from your old headset. It's essentially a mini sound card.

I wouldn't go for a DAC/amp like the Schiit Fulla 2. It's a good choice for the music listener, but not for the gamer. It won't give you 5.1/7.1 sound, just stereo with no effects. Xonar U7 would be a better choice, but in all honesty, with £200 on the headphones and £70-£80 on the U7, you're not really going to be in a better position than just having the PC373D.

Thanks. I'm going to send these back and get the PCC373s.

Back
Top Bottom