Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Permabanned
Remember they tell; you anything and at times have no clue, they did not know of 350 Vivid the day I got it and there was not even a 350 Config ready on the network meaning I had 2 days with no connection and 2nd line calling me to get it fixed (took 2 attempts).

Your Config file would prove what you are on and TBH Vivid 300 is the same as Gamer 200 but has 100Mb/s faster download, they both had/now have 20Mb/s Upload and no STM period.

Last edited:
Associate
AFAIK peeps who paid higher for joke of Gamer Package (I beta tested it) all got upgraded to Vivid 300 (some may have even been upgraded to Vivid 350) for free when it was killed off as it should never have been released to start with.

Not sure how you got downgraded, check you got price reduction also.

Many on Vivid 300 got freely upgraded to Vivid 350 with/without asking.

Post your Config file here (have you rebooted HUB since change to account)?
My account still shows "VIVID Gaming 200 Optical Fibre" on the My Virgin Media page

Permabanned
How do I get my config file?

http://192.168.0.1/ < your HUB, you can ignore signing in if you like and simply click Check Router Status and look along the Tabs for Configuration and scroll down.

It will be like this format:

Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID 1242427
Max Traffic Rate 402500000

Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID 1242426
Max Traffic Rate 22010000

402Mb/s DL and 22Mb/s UL for mines.

Associate
Urgh, just came here to ask for recommendations for a new router as i've just upgraded to 300MB and my dd-wrt router only has a throughput of ~250mb.

Guess which Superhub i have? Is there any point in running the SH3 in modem mode and using a decent router? If so, what are the recommended routers that can handle 500mb WAN speeds?

I still have my old superhub waiting to be returned so it could be an option to moan and switch back to that.

Soldato
My router was upgraded from the original SuperHub to a SuperHub 3 last month as part of an upgrade to 200Mb. Since then video streaming, browsing and downloading has been terrible. Multi-thread downloads are slightly better, only occasionally get the full bandwidth. Both routers used in modem only mode with a Netgear R7000. No issues with Wifi signal and transfers across the LAN.

Are the issues purely down to the SH3? There are multiple posts on the VM forums with talk of a new firmware but no release date.

It was a retention deal with a new 18 month contract. If there is no fix for the SH3 I wonder if I'm able to get out of the contract.

Soldato
Well my 12month deal is up, so now I need to try and get a cheaper price for nearly the same package. Unfortunately I can't get better anywhere else as FTTC is only 14Mbps. :(

What deals have everyone else got?

Associate
Well my 12month deal is up, so now I need to try and get a cheaper price for nearly the same package. Unfortunately I can't get better anywhere else as FTTC is only 14Mbps. :(

Mines due to come to an end on the 14th, I’m currently on a 150mb with phone line + £8 call anytime package.

£42.99 a month with a £5 loyalty discount so around £37, their outbound team rang me last week offering the same deal but a downgrade to 100mb for £30 a month.

Told him I’d think about it and he was supposed to call me back on Monday but hasn’t bothered yet.

I’m not too happy taking a speed drop as I find I barely ever get 150mb on anything unless I’m doing a speed test and the speeds through Xbox are always fluctuating a lot.

What do people think? Would you take the deal for the 100mb and everything else for £30 a month

Soldato

Its all pretty crap to be fair git nothing through retentions so had to sign up again as a new customer. Went for the 350mb basic phone package at £44 paying line rental saver to drop it to £25 a month

Last edited:
Associate
Its all pretty crap to be fair git nothing through retentions so had to sign up again as a new customer. Went for the 350mb basic phone package at £45 paying line rental saver to drop it to £25 a month

How long did you loose service to do this? I assume you joined under a new name?

Soldato
No service loss, had to phone up again to get out home number ported back but it was a pretty smooth transition. Just had to phone up to activate the new hub and send the old stuff back.

And yes new name, wife, sibling friend etc is good enough. As there was no difference to doing it online or over the phone, I actually went into my local store and the chap in there sorted everything.

Associate
Sorry still can't work out how to avoid loss of service.

I have 3 weeks left on my contact, so I was planning on calling today to cancel. Assuming retentions offer me nothing decent, I would have thought I'd have to wait until my contact ends before signing up in my wife's name and then wait for the new equipment to arrive. Or am I doing this all wrong?

Associate
I still have my old superhub waiting to be returned so it could be an option to moan and switch back to that.
Quoting myself? :confused:

I've just downgraded back to 200MB and was able to aldo downgrade back to my old Superhub 2ac. It was a lot easier than expected to go back, i was expecting it to be a hassle!

Soldato
Sorry still can't work out how to avoid loss of service.

I have 3 weeks left on my contact, so I was planning on calling today to cancel. Assuming retentions offer me nothing decent, I would have thought I'd have to wait until my contact ends before signing up in my wife's name and then wait for the new equipment to arrive. Or am I doing this all wrong?
If you have a VM store near you, drop by, they will sort you out.
From what I gathered, Cancel, then get your disconnect date, sign up with new name for day of disconnect = profit!

Associate
If you have a VM store near you, drop by, they will sort you out.
From what I gathered, Cancel, then get your disconnect date, sign up with new name for day of disconnect = profit!

Thanks. I called Virgin, added TV to my broadband only contract and they offered me a deal better than the one you get as a new customer. Took them up on the offer.

Back
Top Bottom