suggested cheat sheet for interview with exchange 2007 exp

Soldato
briefly, have interview coming up for post with dual role inc comms & exchange 2007 , I've previously many years ago set up exchange 2003 successfully etc, however I`ve pretty much forgot it all , I`m happy with my comms knowledge but need to cram for potential exchange 2007 questions. Anyone kindly give me a list of concepts/list of must knows for me to cram?, I have four days.

Caporegime
I think you're best off being honest. If you manage to get a job offer at a place based on cramming some info down for a 10 year old version of Exchange and the person interviewing has no idea that you've never used the product then the rest of the company is probably a dumpster fire.

Soldato
OP
I think you're best off being honest. If you manage to get a job offer at a place based on cramming some info down for a 10 year old version of Exchange and the person interviewing has no idea that you've never used the product then the rest of the company is probably a dumpster fire.

I absolutely will be honest, I think the exchange part isn't the actual design and implementation, rather a working knowledge of basic admin so the role can fulfil basic tasks when cover not there.

Soldato
I think it will obviously depend on the company, but I don't put a lot of weight into nailing people on interviews.

If you were honest with me and said 'a while back I used Exc 2003' I'd know the two were pretty similar. If you came across as a can do person who was willing to throw yourself into getting up to speed - and do a bit of that in your own time - I'd take a punt on you.

Having the broad technical skill is one thing, being able to communicate and be part of a team is the other. Make sure you excel in the other if you have weaknesses elsewhere.

Don
I'd be a open and honest as possible. Nothing worse than seeing someone fall apart at an interview when pressed about experience that they say they have.

Just sat that you're a little rusty with exchange, but you're resourceful and it will soon come back to you.

Back
Top Bottom