Wish

Soldato
hi guys just a quickie, noticed a company called wish. Had a look on there site some things are really too cheap. But some things in there seem like an ok kind of deal. Has anyone used this site and if so are they any good?

Thanks.

Soldato
It's all just cheap tat you can buy on ebay and amazon marketplace etc but with big 80% OFF stickers on it last time I looked.

Seems aimed at the sort of shopper who thinks they're getting a bargain because the shop window said BARGAINS IN HERE.

Soldato
It's all far eastern crap and knock off/replicas of brand name items (for the most part) prices on some things can be quite decent if you look around. Delivery is usually measured in weeks rather than days.
But if you want a super cheap dash cam that may or may not work and you're prepared to wait 3 months for delivery I guess it's ok.

Soldato
Wish is just a platform for these sellers.

It is essentially an eastern version of ebay for companies.

I use it a lot for small bits where quality does not matter massively or sometimes gamble on better things for a little surprise. I have ordered loads of stuff from them and they always deliver, if a bit slow at 2-4 weeks.

I order small fishing tackle like floats, weights and stuff like that. Kitchen and house gadgets are alright to order there. Much of the small stuff is legit and from the same factory as the stuff you get here, just sneakily sold from the back of the factory in china.

Really it depends what you want to buy. Things that don't exactly require complex manufacturing or electronics is fine, clothes are a risk due to size and quality variation. Take the pictures with a big pinch of salt though.

If you purchase 6 different things and you are only happy with 4 of them, you are still laughing at their prices.

Soldato
My partner actually watched a video on this site the other day.

Basically a YouTuber buying stuff from the site.

In short, the "HD Camera drone" they bought came with a camera that had a "lens" made out of reflective plastic...

Caporegime

In short, the "HD Camera drone" they bought came with a camera that had a "lens" made out of reflective plastic...

Why did she Google search 'wish.com'?

Soldato
Always read the comments and ratings under a product before you buy. Then you have to balance stupidity of customers with the likelihood of it being low quality.

Some people expect a £150 item after paying £20, some people give it a bad rating because it requires a little assembly and they are incapable of that, some people just buy the wrong item or size when it is clearly stated and sometimes the item is just crap.

I like wish because i can go on a £20 fun shopping spree on small things i never knew existed. Forget about them and then get 6/7 things in the post weeks later like quirky little weird presents i chose.

Caporegime
Why did she Google search 'wish.com'?

Because she's a stupid.

Also, Wish is crap. All the stuff they sell is bottom of the barrel rubbish, the kind of stuff that gets swept up off the floors of Chinese sweatshops. It does serve a purpose but expecting anything other than cheap crap is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Caporegime

Christ, my brain actually jumped out my ear and ran away. How do people like this garner that many subs?

Soldato
Depends what you're buying. I've bought loads of "tat" from Wish - little plastic clips to hold my golf clubs in the bag, bluetooth ear-buds and cans - and with only a few exceptions the products have been fine given the prices. Yes, there's a lot of knock-offs, and some of the products don't work but when I bought a supposedly 256GB USB key that was actually only 8GB Wish refunded me the next day.

Back
Top Bottom