• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Weird buzzing noise

Associate
OP
Ok so an update..

Whilst stress testing i did notice a noise from the speakers, i unhooked one of them and plugged it into the frot headphone port and theres no noise on that speaker now

Associate
OP
Sitting on assassin's creed origins start screen currently at 266 fps and the speakers plugged into the onboard sound card are buzzing away. The speaker i have in the fromt headphone port is normal

Soldato
Sitting on assassin's creed origins start screen currently at 266 fps and the speakers plugged into the onboard sound card are buzzing away. The speaker i have in the fromt headphone port is normal
so prime ok?

gaming buzz in back of PC not in front?

GPU interference in that case

Soldato
I have a similar issue on my SFF PC.
I get a buzz through the speakers when gaming.

I have the audio going through a KVM switch (same as 3 other PCs) into a splitter which puts it out to speakers and headphones.
Doesn't happen on the other PCs. Even ends up on the recording if I record footage (might be input from the microphone I guess).
I used a different port on the KVM (one I use on another PC without issue), get the buzzing. Replaced the cables between PC and KVM, get buzzing. Use different headphones, get buzzing. Use USB soundcard, get buzzing. Use front audio ports, get buzzing. Plug headphones directly into front or rear audio ports, no buzzing.

I don't get it and it's really annoying, so I've a good idea what you're going through, but I've no solution (other than plugging headphones in directly).

Associate
OP
Hmm strange , ive moved the 3 cables going into the sound ports on the back of the mobo , and without unplugging them ive pulled them as far away from my gpu as poss and...fingers crossed the buzzing seems to of gone away ???

Soldato
So no noise before watercooling and now noise after it?

I have read some posts about interference in speakers due to the magnet(s) in the pump. When you are gaming the temps go up, therefore the pump speed increases it may be generating interference in your speakers? You could try changing the PWM header it's plugged in to? Can you change the speed of the pump with software? to see if it happens only at higher pump speeds?

I'd be inclined to unplug as much as possible and try to eliminate or isolate the cause, unplug case fans, try another header for the watercooling pump, try moving the pump slightly etc. issues like this are so annoying

Is that the sub next to your monitor? If so be worth trying to move that to different locations as well to see if that helps?

Back
Top Bottom