• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA Guest RMA gone..(EDIT-currently US)

Caporegime
I can understand why they did that, the instant the value of Cryptocurrency crashes the used market will be flooded with abused GPU's, because these GPU's have had a hard life there will be a high failure rate among them and that will be very costly to anyone offering a warranty to anyone.

I can't blame EVGA TBH, its just another Cryptocurrency issue.

Soldato
I don't see a problem with this, I've always registered EVGA cards at time of purchase and aslong as you remove the card from your account the person you sell to can register that (providing it's still under warranty)

Soldato
OP
scam going around on ebay currently with EVGA crds used for mining, miners would buy cards, would break, guest RMA it, break again and then they Would buy another EVGA card from users that havent UV marked the card or posted on ebay listing of the cards serial number- (even if you have pictures of serial number, has to be posted on the listing pictures)
Swapping their broken unit and then using the new one or EVEN selling the new one with Serial code posted!

to be honest, wonder how many guest rma they have done due to mining and cant do a thing about it

Caporegime
I don't see a problem with this, I've always registered EVGA cards at time of purchase and aslong as you remove the card from your account the person you sell to can register that (providing it's still under warranty)

Isn't it a case of not being able to register the card after its already been registered by the original owner?

In anycase this isn't a choice killer for me, i don't blame them in the current climate.

Caporegime
scam going around on ebay currently with EVGA crds used for mining, miners would buy cards, would break, guest RMA it, break again and then they Would buy another EVGA card from users that havent UV marked the card or posted on ebay listing of the cards serial number- (even if you have pictures of serial number, has to be posted on the listing pictures)
Swapping their broken unit and then using the new one or EVEN selling the new one with Serial code posted!

to be honest, wonder how many guest rma they have done due to mining and cant do a thing about it

That makes sense, dishonest ####ers spoiling it for the rest of us. :mad:

Soldato
I'm not sure how this works as second user with a card which has been unregistered by the first owner.

I can still register it on the EVGA website, but the form asks for place of purchase (as if I bought the card new) and asks me to upload a copy of the invoice.

Saying all that - Maybe this is just for the US? The EU guest RMA page is still live https://eu.evga.com/support/guestregister.asp

Soldato
Isn't it a case of not being able to register the card after its already been registered by the original owner?

In anycase this isn't a choice killer for me, i don't blame them in the current climate.

It does that currently, if you have a EVGA card on your account and sell it you need to remove it from yours before the buyer can register it themselves.

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure how this works as second user with a card which has been unregistered by the first owner.

I can still register it on the EVGA website, but the form asks for place of purchase (as if I bought the card new) and asks me to upload a copy of the invoice.

Saying all that - Maybe this is just for the US? The EU guest RMA page is still live https://eu.evga.com/support/guestregister.asp

wonder for how long- to lock out region(s) whilst others are fine - would **** off US owners

Associate
I was considering buying a used EVGA 1080ti purely due to their Guest RMA service, now though I think I'll hold out a little longer and go for something brand new.

On another note regarding RMA services, do MSI base theirs on serial numbers or is it based on original purchase date (proof of purchase) and original owner only..?

Man of Honour
That would bring them inline with every other manufacturer. Warranty is not usually transferable and any second user is dependant on the original purchaser helping out should a RMA be needed. That's the bonus of buying a used card from our members market as most sellers will help out with a RMA if needed.

It does make buying a EVGA card less appealing though.

Soldato
so can evga change the conditions AFTER people have bought a card? it seems a little off to me.

also, devils advocate (I am not saying i dont agree, TBH i am not sure where i stand on it) but, in theory even a card run at 24/7 if it is built properly arguably should be capable of seeing out its manufacture warranty.

if i buy a TV and it fails in the warranty, they cant say it has had more than 1000 hrs use (for instance) which is more than the average use case and that the backlight was set to 100 so they feel the tv was abused.

so long as the card was not over volted or its fan speed manually over ridden to run slow to keep noise levels down then imo any card should be expected to last out the warranty period regardless of what it has been doing, so long as not run out of spec.

Back
Top Bottom