Dirty bog with limescale at the bottom...

Soldato
I got a lot of limescale at the bottom of the toilet that doesn't want to budge.

I have tried the following:

- coke
- brown vinegar
- lots of bleach

(all left there for 8 hours a time)

but the bog is still not white at the bottom..

what else can I try?

Soldato
Buy the proper toilet limescale remover designed for this purpose (Domestos make one). Its like £1 a bottle and you just remove as much water from the bowl as possible, then pour a load in and then leave it over night. The next day it give it a good brushing and it should remove it all.

I don't understand why people use coke and vinegar when they don't work and end up costing more than just buying the proper stuff.

Soldato
We had this when moved into an old house, and like you tried everything. In the end I used a small cup (pair of gloves of course) and fished out the water as much as I could then used Domestos limescale bleach, that cleared it up.

Caporegime
you could just use a toilet brush and scrub it off? these chemicals unless they can burn it away won't remove it.

if you have crap stuck to something then it's usually best to scrub it off rather than spraying a liquid then rinsing away.

it's why people wash their cars properly after snow foaming them. because snow foaming will only take off the loose and light stuff. just scrub it off.

Soldato
you could just use a toilet brush and scrub it off? these chemicals unless they can burn it away won't remove it.

if you have crap stuck to something then it's usually best to scrub it off rather than spraying a liquid then rinsing away.

it's why people wash their cars properly after snow foaming them. because snow foaming will only take off the loose and light stuff. just scrub it off.
You have obviously never tried to remove heavy limescale. You'd snap the brush before you even touched it, no exaggeration. Also the chemicals do remove it, its exactly what they're designed to do.

Soldato

I'm pretty sure we all assumed that he'd already tried that captain obvious :p Even with chemicals you'll need a bit of scrubbing.

Associate
Flush toilet and then scoop out all remaining water. Pour a full bottle of Harpic Power Plus neat straight in the bowl and leave it overnight. Flush in the morning followed by a quick scrub around.

Worked fantastic for me when we moved in to our new house. The bottom of the bowl was stained yellow and I couldn't shift it with neat bleach on a scouring pad. This wiped it straight out.

Soldato
... the more difficult problem is limescale build up at top of rim ?. (have just used JS vinegar <50p/l for bowl, following plastic cup bailout)

Soldato
.... inspecting the results later

41766752441_8bf345ca8c_o_d.jpg

Don
Harpic power plus, leave in the bowl overnight, scrub with bog brush in the morning.

We have very hard water down here, we have to do this regularly

Back
Top Bottom