Overclockers UK Presents: Eleven Table Tennis: The Tournament

Soldato
MMART94 OCUK CHAMPION 2018

IT'S THE FINALS!!!

Go here:-

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31787478/

Yes, the day has finally come. 12 brave souls have entered the first ever OCUK Online Table Tennis tournament. Over the next few weeks they will be battling it out for the honour and glory of becoming the OCUK tournament champion.

It really will be a good event and games will be well worth watching. There should be a lot of fun too. So if you are at a loose end, get out there and spectate a few of the games over the next few weeks.

Also for fun, does anyone feel brave enough to make a prediction on who will take the trophy? :)

Ok, without further ado here are the Groups and the players.

Group A:

ViveUK
Ale Bro
ArmitageShanks
Lokiss

Group B:

RockSteddy
Slam
Uncle Petty
Borsch

Group C:

Rossiboy001
CGrieves
Mmart94
Chris182008

Every player, please read the Format and Rules in the spoiler tags below.

Group Stages:

* You play each person in the group once. So everybody that has entered will get 3 matches minimum.
* A Match consists of 3 home games and 3 away games. That is, a player hosts 3 games then the other player hosts the next 3 games.
* Minimum of 5 minutes for warm ups, with another 5 minutes when you swap home and away.
* If the players are tied after 6 games, the player who has won the most away games wins.
* You will get 3 points for a win, 1 for a loss.
* Position in the table will be decided by head to head then points difference.
* Players arrange the group games between themselves.
* Group games must be finished by the 15th of May.

Later Stages:

* The matchups will be randomly arranged before each stage.
* Quarter Finals will be 8 games, 4 home and 4 away.
* Semi Finals will be the same.
* The Final will be 10 games. 5 home and 5 away.
* The time for these games will be arranged between me and the players involved.

Rules:
1. Serve: You have to make sure the other player is ready before serving.
2. There must be some attempt to throw the ball in the air before serving. We aren't enforcing the height, but you can't serve holding the ball in your hand.
3. Home player serves first.
4. You must use the default bat.
5. Studio Environment with green table and white ball.
6. Disconnects: If one player has a network/real life problem and has to step away from the game, The game continues from the score that the player left at.
7. The winning player must post the final score of each of the games played.

Other Suggestions:
Each player should save a replay of the games they play. Just in case of disputes.
It would be brilliant if the players could post the times they are going to be playing at so people can spectate if they want to.

If there are any disputes my decision is final.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

With the Beta update things have changed. It brings things in line with the Oculus version. You can't arrange games against friends anymore. So here is what you do.

Go into your Steam Library, Highlight Eleven Table Tennis, right click, go to properties, then the Beta tab and download the latest betebranch.
Start the game and go into the menu and select multiplayer. Make sure Appear offline is unticked and that allow spectators is ticked in the panel on the right.
Then go to the Lobby and find the person you are playing against and challenge them. The player you are challenging should get a notification on his screen in game.
When you are both in game, both players have to click unranked to begin the match.

Now, because of the update, you can't just play 3 games. You have to play best of 3. So for our tournament, it's playing 3 games home and away. So if a player gets to 2-0, just start a new unranked match and play one game. Quit then and switch over to the other person hosting the game.

Hope that makes sense. Will write better instructions tomorrow if these aren't clear.

I wish every player the best of luck and hope you all enjoy the tournament.

Please free feel to discuss the games, rules, matchups and anything else tournament related in this thread.

Extending the group deadline until Monday 21st of May. All group games must be played before then.

Finally, a huge thanks to NikTheSHNIK for suggesting this and to Overclockers UK for sponsoring the tournament.

Important: Everybody using the Steam Version should download the Beta version.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Group Stages:

Group A:
Ale Bro Vs Lokiss. Ale Bro claimed the Victory. (11-1; 11-2; 11-4; 11-7, 11-3, 11-3)
Armitageshanks Vs Lokiss. Armitage was the victor. (11-9, 11-5, 11-5, 11-8, 11-8, 11-9)
Ale Bro Vs ArmitageShanks. Ale Bro won all games. (11-3, 11-4, 11-5, 11-4, 11-7, 11-3)

Group B:
Uncle Petey Vs Slam. Uncle Petey won 5-1. (11-6,11-6,10-12,11-8,11-9,11-8)
Uncle Petey Vs Borsch. Uncle Petey won on score diff 3-3. (11-3, 5-11, 11-4, 8-11, 8-11, 11-7)
Slam Vs Borsch. Borsch won 4-2. (11-3, 3-11,11-5), (11-8,7-11,4-11)

(Have removed Rocksteddy's scores from the competition, will remove from table tomorrow)

Group C:

Mmart Vs CGrieves. Mmart won all the games. (11-6, 11-3, 11-4) (11-6, 11-1, 11-3)
Mmart Vs Chris182008. Mmart won all the games. (11-5, 11-8, 11-5) (11-6, 11-6, 11-9)
CGrieves vs Chris182008. CGrieves won 5-1. (11-7, 6-11, 11-7) (11-9, 11-8, 11-2)

u96AYsB.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Quarter Finals

Competition is getting tough now!! Down to the knockout stages.

Here are the matchups. Who is your money on???

Ale Bro(1) Vs Slam(8)
Mmart(2) Vs Lokiss(7)
Uncle Petey(3) Vs CGrieves(6)
ArmitageShanks(4) Vs Borsch(5)

Format:

A slight change to the format for the quarter finals. 2 sets at home and 2 sets away. A set is the first person to win two games.

Schedule to be posted later.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Semi Finals

It's been a great competition so far and well done to the four players listed for reaching the Semi finals. Ale Bro and MMart are hot favourites to meet in the Final, but can Borsch and Uncle Petey cause an upset?

Semi Final Matchups:-

Ale Bro(1) Vs Borsch(6)
MMart(2) Vs Uncle Petey (3)

The format will be the same as the quarter finals. The only difference is, if it's level after 4 sets, there will be a 5th set. For the 5th set the home advantage will go to the higher ranked players.

Hope that makes sense.

There is one more thing, the Semi finals will have a set date and time. Will arrange this with the players and post a schedule here.

SCHEDULE

Ale Bro(1) Vs Borsch(6) Tonight at 20:15.
Mmart(2) Vs Uncle Petey(3) Tonight at 21:00.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Final:

It's here, after a month of Table Tennis we are down to the last two players. From the very start Ale Bro and Mmart94 were the form players and the ones to watch. And for anyone that has played them I don't think it's any surprise that these guys are the last two standing.

Schedule

Saturday 9th June at 8PM.

Ale Bro(1) Vs MMart94(2)

Format

Best of 3 sets home and away. If level in sets after that, one deciding set in the higher ranked player's home.

Thanks to OCUK, what the winner of the final will receive.

Confirmation of prizes. First of all for the winner we have a lovely VIVE Bag/Waterbottle/Hat combo. They'll also receive an OcUK Mouse Mat and Mug.

MqfCKgK.jpg

The runner up will receive an OCUK mouse mat and mug.​

Last edited:
Associate
What’s up everyone! I’m excited for the tournament it’s gonna be a lot of fun, I’m free tonight if anyone wants to play, you can add me on steam my username is mmartinez9407

Associate
I have the Oculus store version, hopefully those on Steam can easily find me in the game. My gamer name is SlamJester

Soldato
OP

Important: Everybody using the Steam Version should download the Beta version.

You will not be able to play against Oculus players without downloading the beta version.

Soldato
OP
Please check the OP for update on arranging matches. With the Beta update things have changed and you can't arrange a game against Friends. Check the "arranging games" spoiler.

Soldato
lokiss88 on steam. Might be best if we befriend in steam to make communication easier, that or just post here.

Available all day sat/sun/mon 10am/2pm, 4pm/9pm... for an butt kicking:)

Associate
I have both the Oculus and Steam versions, tend to use Oculus purely because the steam copy seems to go randomly juddery. Will see if I can get it going. I'm "TheFlymo" in game, "Animal" on steam (I think). Should be OK to play this weekend, although it's gonna be warm :D

Back
Top Bottom