Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Yes, it is indeed, neighbour ;) Small world :) How have you found the experience so far?

So far, so good. The weekly updates they've given us have been super helpful in keeping us on top of how the development is going, we're in plot 213. Not as nice and secluded as yours is going to be however. All the staff in the office have been lovely.

Soldato
Didn't realise they were building a Lidl there! Is there an estimated start date? tbh, we will normally come in off of Romsey Road so I don't think it will be too bad.

Either way, Waitrose in Romsey and Lidl near my house, perfect combo!
I'll find the dates later, the Romsey Road access is the one I can see getting overwhelmed (and it's already a pig of a junction because of being opposite Bakers Drove), as it's the next easiest access to the M271 if you're avoiding Brownhill.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's not as bad as I fear but I remember the construction of the Adanac roundabout being awful at the time.

http://www.southampton.lidl.co.uk/brownhill/download-plans/

Associate
So far, so good. The weekly updates they've given us have been super helpful in keeping us on top of how the development is going, we're in plot 213. Not as nice and secluded as yours is going to be however. All the staff in the office have been lovely.

I'd be surprised if it was mid July. Bloor's financial year runs to the end of June so they will be keen to get you completed. I've been told our house will be "build complete" in 3 weeks, as it's on the end we need to wait for the preceding houses to be completed and the roads sorted. The Staunton is a decent house, the rooms are well sized, we have friends who own one, lovely house, great that yours is detached as well.

I'll find the dates later, the Romsey Road access is the one I can see getting overwhelmed (and it's already a pig of a junction because of being opposite Bakers Drove), as it's the next easiest access to the M271 if you're avoiding Brownhill.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's not as bad as I fear but I remember the construction of the Adanac roundabout being awful at the time.

http://www.southampton.lidl.co.uk/brownhill/download-plans/

Interesting, thanks for that. We currently live in Calmore, so not that far away but have been totally oblivious to traffic issues around Nursling.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd be surprised if it was mid July. Bloor's financial year runs to the end of June so they will be keen to get you completed. I've been told our house will be "build complete" in 3 weeks, as it's on the end we need to wait for the preceding houses to be completed and the roads sorted. The Staunton is a decent house, the rooms are well sized, we have friends who own one, lovely house, great that yours is detached as well.

Considering they've only just started to put the gables in, i'd be very surprised if it's in July, we've always been given the date of the 2nd week of July, we're in no way ready if it's any earlier, haha.

Thanks for that, having only ever seen the plans for the house i'm a little nervous about the room sizes and garden size. But considering we've come from a tiny tiny 1 bed flat in Sholing then I shouldn't be too disappointed! We're pretty happy with the location of it, obviously i would have loved for it to be closer to the woods but they were all gone by the time we started looking.

Permabanned
Made my mind up... just plonked deposit on this as my daily. Always wanted an M car and the latest version of the M4 Comp Pack has some really good improvements over the original M4... even better than the 2016 Comp Pack:

bmw-m4-m4-2dr-dct-competition-pack-285531326-1 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Spec:
- Pre-reg March 2018
- Alpine White (not my first choice of colour, but the rest of the spec makes up for it - spec over colour)
- Black Extended Merino Leather
- Heated front seats
- Extended Interior Light Package
- Headlining. Anthracite
- Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory
- Carbon Fibre interior trim- Black Chrome
- 20" Black 666 M star-spoke forged alloy (one of the best looking wheels I've ever seen on a factory spec)
- M Double Clutch Transmission- 7-speed
- Reversing Assist camera
- High-beam Assistant
- BMW Icon Adaptive LED headlights (very high on my list of priorities - quite rare spec option it seems)
- Apple CarPlay preparation
- BMW M Head-up Display
- Harman Kardon loudspeaker system
- Speed limit display
- Navigation system Professional
- M Competition package
- Comfort Access

Associate
Considering they've only just started to put the gables in, i'd be very surprised if it's in July, we've always been given the date of the 2nd week of July, we're in no way ready if it's any earlier, haha.

Thanks for that, having only ever seen the plans for the house i'm a little nervous about the room sizes and garden size. But considering we've come from a tiny tiny 1 bed flat in Sholing then I shouldn't be too disappointed! We're pretty happy with the location of it, obviously i would have loved for it to be closer to the woods but they were all gone by the time we started looking.

Sounds like July could be the correct date then, I have no idea on the progress of any of the other bits of the development so just assumed they would be around the same time!

Our Garden is 33ft long and 31ft wide, nothing amazing but not a tiny, useless garden. None of the houses have truly large gardens. Rooms sizes are decent enough, not large but then new builds never are. They make great use of space though so no floor space is wasted. The quality of the materials and the finish of Bloor homes is better than most builders so you get a quality product. Coming from a tiny 1 bed flat, it will be a massive upgrade. We managed to get Plot 149 after the original buyers' chain collapsed. I played the first time buyer card, got £16K worth of incentives and signed there and then. They wanted us to buy Plot 140 but the location is crappy (directly opposite another house and poor parking), was told they would not transfer the incentives to Plot 149. Told them to try harder and unsurprisingly they met our demands.

Soldato
Made my mind up... just plonked deposit on this as my daily. Always wanted an M car and the latest version of the M4 Comp Pack has some really good improvements over the original M4... even better than the 2016 Comp Pack:

bmw-m4-m4-2dr-dct-competition-pack-285531326-1 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Spec:
- Pre-reg March 2018
- Alpine White (not my first choice of colour, but the rest of the spec makes up for it - spec over colour)
- Black Extended Merino Leather
- Heated front seats
- Extended Interior Light Package
- Headlining. Anthracite
- Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory
- Carbon Fibre interior trim- Black Chrome
- 20" Black 666 M star-spoke forged alloy (one of the best looking wheels I've ever seen on a factory spec)
- M Double Clutch Transmission- 7-speed
- Reversing Assist camera
- High-beam Assistant
- BMW Icon Adaptive LED headlights (very high on my list of priorities - quite rare spec option it seems)
- Apple CarPlay preparation
- BMW M Head-up Display
- Harman Kardon loudspeaker system
- Speed limit display
- Navigation system Professional
- M Competition package
- Comfort Access

Jeez how many cars do you neeeeed?! :eek: :p

Associate
Thanks, it's not having to pay £1000 in rent and being able to actually make changes to the house to suit our lifestyle!

We bought in Nursling, just outside Southampton.

Our house: https://bloorhomes.com/developments/southern/fen-meadow/homes/arlington-sp/plot-149

Sadly, it's not quite far enough from civilisation :p

If you look a the sitemap, I think it's possibly the best plot, I am obviously biased though ;) Woods around us will not be built on so no houses opposite us.

Some friends in Nottingham bought a house recently, the same size as ours, half the price. :(

Thought I recognised this...

My girlfriend and I live up in Rownhams, just up the road from you, though renting and will be first time buyers next year.

It's not too bad, far enough away from Southampton but close enough that you can get into it easily.

EDIT - Girlfriends brother lives in Nottingham.....Southamptons not fantastic by any means but I know which I'd rather live in. (No offence to anyone who lives in Nottingham)

Second EDIT - Congrats on the house, looks very nice!

Back
Top Bottom