FTTP: What is the fastest I can order?

Associate
Lobby to get Hyperoptic installed into the new development. That is your best bet. It is the upload benefit which is happiness^2.

We have to move (as in one bed apartment), found a perfect 2 bed, and found out the fastest internet was like 11mbit. No ******* way.

Soldato
So using the BT Wholesale checker with my address it tells me that I can get 330mb/s FTTP on demand and it's listed as available. Any idea what site I can attempt to order this through? Zen, BT and PlusNet all just offer me 80mb/s packages.

Associate
So using the BT Wholesale checker with my address it tells me that I can get 330mb/s FTTP on demand and it's listed as available. Any idea what site I can attempt to order this through? Zen, BT and PlusNet all just offer me 80mb/s packages.
Cerberus and Fluidone do FTTP on demand. Just be prepared for a hefty install fee.

Soldato

@Kyle009 you're talking £10k upfront fees, just a heads up. Probably more.

(trust me, I got a quote of £15,200 [ex VAT!] from Cerberus)

Permabanned
Ok think I'll stick with Virgin then. I was just tempted to try BT fibre as I've heard it is better than Virgin. Couldn't afford a 10k install.

Get the quote... it depends on distance from the next node. If there is already cable passing by your house then it'll be cheap.

Worst case you turn down the quote when they send you an estimate... usually send quotes within 1-2 days.

Caporegime
If there's already fibre going past your home then you'd have FTTP availability showing. I've not seen one of these FTTPoD quotations come in under five figures.

Permabanned
If there's already fibre going past your home then you'd have FTTP availability showing. I've not seen one of these FTTPoD quotations come in under five figures.

Not if it’s from another fttpod install. There will still be install cost but it would be much reduced.

I have not actually seen one more than 4 figures. Although the last one I checked for a friend was close at 8k.

Back
Top Bottom