Need a new desk, any ideas?

Associate
Next week I am going to be changing my desk surface to a white version and the 200cm black top will be spare, if has a few tiny little marks on the top but if you wanted it free of charge you are more than welcome to it, location being a factor though. Just a thought.

Soldato
Would probably be handy to state where you're located matey, btw can you link to the top you have? I can't see desk counter tops listed at that size on the website or an option for it. Seriously considering a change myself, just curious exactly which item that is.

Associate
No worries, really tempted to go for the white top and see if I can find the 2 sets of draws in black as at the moment I have 2 grey sets, always liked the black and white contrast, if I do then Ill have the top and 2 sets of draws up for grabs if the OP is interested.

Soldato
Karlby(or even the Hammarp - real wood, can also be stained) is what i'd likely aim for, less the drawers as nice as they are(personally have enough storage already). Trestles seem like an affordable option(£10 each for the non-adjustables) and provide better weight support(50kg per trestle) and distribution than legs, albeit don't look quite as nice.

If you have the Karlby, feel free to share some pics of your setup. :)

Soldato
Here she is guys (yes I need a longer ethernet cable)

What's the finish like on that board ? It is shiny/plasticy or does it feel like wood ?

I was looking at getting the more expensive Oak version but that doesn't look bad at all and the price is a 1/3 of what I'd be paying for Oak

Soldato
Was going to go the Ikea route in a few weeks myself(it's not exactly local but it's a doable drive upto the Reading store), had the whole thing planned out but then stumbled on a decent desk on gumtree, 10 minute drive up the road for it tomorrow. A little sad i won't get to build an epic new Ikea desk now, but happy about the cost saving(totally free, just have to collect it). Hope your build works out Minusorange and that you're still enjoying your new setup Dom.

Soldato
Was going to go the Ikea route in a few weeks myself(it's not exactly local but it's a doable drive upto the Reading store), had the whole thing planned out but then stumbled on a decent desk on gumtree, 10 minute drive up the road for it tomorrow. A little sad i won't get to build an epic new Ikea desk now, but happy about the cost saving(totally free, just have to collect it). Hope your build works out Minusorange and that you're still enjoying your new setup Dom.

Thanks I've gone for a mix of Gum tree and Ikea, managed to get some solid Oak 3inch thick boards surplus to a kitchen build off gumtree for £50 and went to Ikea to get some legs and a drawer to bodge something together

Looking at Doms set up in Ikea though it does look really good, pictures don't really do it justice, I just went with the Oak as I don't think the particle board is strong enough long term for me to clamp monitors to it

Back
Top Bottom