• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Build Stuck on Graphics Card

Associate
I know now is not the ideal time to buy graphics cards but at this time I am not too concerned with cost so am looking for the best option that will keep me going for another 5+ years.

I am currently speccing a new build and so far the plan is to go with an AMD Ryzen 2700X with 16GB RAM, I currently have a BenQ XL2420T 120MHz 1920x1080 monitor, which although is over 5 years old is still going strong so am not really looking to upgrade to a 4K monitor at this time (my eyesight is not too good so I am unlikely to notice the difference between 1080 and 4K resolutions anyway).

My next step is to pick a graphics card and I am a bit confused over all the different options. I am not a hardcore gamer chasing the highest FPS score but I do want something that will smoothly play modern and future games at high quality settings. As mentioned cost is not too much of an issue but don't want to pay for a top of the range card if the next model down will work just as good.

Can you recommend a suitable card for my system?

Thanks

Soldato
Maybe look 2nd hand? Like a GTX 970? Then you can sell it on when new cards come round and not lose too much money on it.

Soldato
Bang for buck now would be a 1070Ti, but as the others have said I would also second getting something like a 970 second hand then upgrading on release of the new stuff.

Back
Top Bottom