• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Final Fantasy XV bench

Associate
Windows 10 64bit fully updated
Catalyst 18.2.1
Intel 4790k @4800
Powercolor Radeon 290 PCS+ (1100/1400)

The benchmark struggles on this old card but the score/frame rate does improve a little on each run so I just posted the best of three runs at each res. It doesn't help that the benchmark has some random elements as especially the combat scene can cost me around 200 points depending on how the scene plays out. If the robot gets a rocket volley off then the benchmark drops to right down to a frame every 2 seconds for a few moments. It all runs much better on Standard settings of course. I don't think the visual differences are all that great considering the huge performance penalty on High.

720p - 3878
FFXVBench-720p-_High_Quality-3878.png

1080p
FFXVBench-1080p-_High_Quality-3162.png

2160p
FFXVBench-2160p-_High_Quality-1615.png

Associate
I have deleted now, but 4k standard looks way better than 1080p high. Have pre-ordered thanks to this benchmark haha, it always looked terrible on xbox one to me and stopped playing about 20 hours or so in I think.

Soldato
BTW,everyone don't worry if your system seems to underperform:

https://www.gamersnexus.net/game-be...ous-misleading-benchmark-tool-gameworks-tests

It seems the benchmark is not realistic. A long article but worth a read.

Although we don't believe this to be intentional, the Final Fantasy XV benchmark is among the most misleading we’ve encountered in recent history. This is likely a result of restrictive development timelines and a resistance to delaying product launch and, ultimately, that developers see this as "just" a benchmark. That said, the benchmark is what's used for folks to get an early idea of how their graphics cards will perform in the game. From what we've seen, that's not accurate to reality. Not only does the benchmark lack technology shown in tech demonstrations (we hope these will be added later, like strand deformation), but it is still taking performance hits for graphics settings that fail to materialize as visual fidelity improvements. Much of this stems from GameWorks settings, so we've been in contact with nVidia over these findings for the past few days.

Square Enix is responsible for the higher-pipeline functions of calling and rendering objects, like the buffalo, and it's not like GameWorks has the ability to reach outside of the world, grab assets, and force them into the game. We would put this squarely on Square Enix, for now, but nVidia does have some responsibility in getting the rest of their GameWorks features fully integrated and working (even if Square is ultimately coding it, nVidia has its name on the product).

What we do know is that the benchmark is unreliable, and we suggest not using it. Wait for our final launch benchmarks. This will take more time to research, but we will keep our eye on it and are in touch with the teams responsible for the game's graphics.

If you need more visual examples, check the accompanying video for this piece.

Back
Top Bottom