Mobile phones, 4G, 5G and radiation

Permabanned
The inconvenient truth about cancer and mobile phones https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/14/mobile-phones-cancer-inconvenient-truths

On 28 March this year, the scientific peer review of a landmark United States government study concluded that there is “clear evidence” that radiation from mobile phones causes cancer, specifically, a heart tissue cancer in rats that is too rare to be explained as random occurrence.

A closer look reveals the industry’s sleight of hand. When Henry Lai, a professor of bioengineering at the University of Washington, analysed 326 safety-related studies completed between 1990 and 2006, he discovered that 44% of them found no biological effect from mobile phone radiation and 56% did; scientists apparently were split. But when Lai recategorised the studies according to their funding sources, a different picture emerged: 67% of the independently funded studies found a biological effect, while a mere 28% of the industry-funded studies did. Lai’s findings were replicated by a 2007 analysis in Environmental Health Perspectives, which concluded that industry-funded studies were two and a half times less likely than independent studies to find health effects.

There is a catch, though: the Internet of Things will require augmenting today’s 4G technology with 5G technology, thus “massively increasing” the general population’s exposure to radiation, according to a petition signed by 236 scientists worldwide who have published more than 2,000 peer-reviewed studies and represent “a significant portion of the credentialled scientists in the radiation research field”, according to Joel Moskowitz, the director of the Center for Family and Community Health at the University of California, Berkeley, who helped circulate the petition. Nevertheless, like mobiles, 5G technology is on the verge of being introduced without pre-market safety testing.

:( :(

Permabanned
OP
I always have to turn my phone off at night and keep it as far as posible from me.
Another good idea is to limit the calls and talks over the phone, too.

Permabanned
OP
Everything gives you cancer. Fact.

Black humour...
The fact is that some wrong knowledge of humans gives the most cases - living on the last floor in buildings with cellular carriers' antennae, or working in factories for plastic bottles, or taking emergency contraception pills, or eating unsafe food chemicals-additives.

The point is to live in cleaner conditions - the best would be somewhere high in the mountains, far away from the civilisation.

I always have to turn my phone off at night and keep it as far as posible from me.
Another good idea is to limit the calls and talks over the phone, too.

Did you not read KIA’s link?

Also you are doing it all wrong. You have to store your phone in a lead lined air tight box on a night. You then have to wrap your head up in tin foil. It’s the only way.

Associate
So are you telling me that i should stop leaving it on my crotch when i sleep?

Safe sex for you ma boy. You will have eradiated your testicles and even now they are shrivelling up. Unfortunately when I was a lad we never had mobile phones though you could get all manner of hidious diseases out of a phone box :eek:

Caporegime
Cancer's actually quite a positive outcome when in one's 80s.

Beats being in a nursing home for 20 years with someone else wiping your arse and feeding you.

At least with cancer you're nursed to death whilst high on painkillers. Not the worst way to go.

Associate
Cancer's actually quite a positive outcome when in one's 80s.

Beats being in a nursing home for 20 years with someone else wiping your arse and feeding you.

At least with cancer you're nursed to death whilst high on painkillers. Not the worst way to go.

Not so good if you're younger :eek:

I want to die like my Grandad who died quietly in his sleep - unlike his passengers who were screaming their heads off ;)

Soldato
the Guardian website itself is always re-loading data despite add blockers ... so creating additional 4g activity (thats the 'worst' radiation) ... so may itself cause more cancer than other sites.

Soldato
Article doesn't surprise me, but the replies here show why the industry has nothing to worry about, people are happy to dismiss something they don't want to believe.

Back
Top Bottom