Vodafone broadband issues.. (spec me a better ISP?)

Soldato
Vodafone have called me offering unlimited fibre for £26 a month and telephone line+ they said they can do a better deal on my mobile which is already with them. Is VF as **** as some of the posts seem to paint it? For comparison I'm with Zen for £50 a month. VF are guaranteeing something like 60Mb/s but I get just under 80 with Zen. I'm assuming as the same lines are used I should get around the same speed with VF?

Been with Zen for many years and the £26 a month seems appealing on first glance but I cant be doing with loads of issues - something that has never happened with Zen (10 years or so with them). I'm away quite a bit and the heaviest user hence why £26 a month is tempting to cut costs from £50

Last edited:
Soldato
What you’re mainly paying for with Zen is better support and customer service. If nothing goes wrong with the connection (which is mainly down to BT Openreach rather than the ISP) you aren’t getting much for the extra you’re paying.

As I only usually call my ISP (plusnet) once a year, to renew my discounts, paying a premium for better support doesn’t seem worthwhile.

Whether I’d risk moving to Vodafone is another matter. The savings wouldn’t be enough to risk it (and I like having a static IP).

Permabanned
What you’re mainly paying for with Zen is better support and customer service. If nothing goes wrong with the connection (which is mainly down to BT Openreach rather than the ISP) you aren’t getting much for the extra you’re paying.

As I only usually call my ISP (plusnet) once a year, to renew my discounts, paying a premium for better support doesn’t seem worthwhile.

Whether I’d risk moving to Vodafone is another matter. The savings wouldn’t be enough to risk it (and I like having a static IP).

It's much more than that.

You're paying for less congestion / contention / latency.

The number of people who can't even stream 1080p youtube on Vodafone 80mbit connections in the evenings is laughable.

With Zen you get low pings and full throughput 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom