*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Caporegime
Haven't been following this as I don't enjoy bf1 but quite enjoyed bf3. 2 questions how will my pc run this going by the beta and where's the season pass, surely EA aren't doing away with dlc.

No dlc in the game, loot crates containing skins etc are about it so far. Alpha performance was wonky at best, better waiting to the beta to get a better performance idea.

Soldato
As some one that completely avoids the planes because I cant fly..... I think it's a shame to continue this trend in BF5.

What do I have to do to successfully fly the planes?

Buy a controller? I cant do it with keyboard especially with the up and down inverted.

Associate
As some one that completely avoids the planes because I cant fly..... I think it's a shame to continue this trend in BF5.

What do I have to do to successfully fly the planes?

Buy a controller? I cant do it with keyboard especially with the up and down inverted.

I'm the same man, Never been able to fly the planes for some reason...........

Underboss
Bind pitch up to space bar and find an empty server. Get a friend to join you in the empty server and practise looping and chasing, turn speeds and strafing runs.

Sadly since we don't have a practise area like BF4 did it's very much learn on the go.

Man of Honour
Bind pitch up to space bar and find an empty server. Get a friend to join you in the empty server and practise looping and chasing, turn speeds and strafing runs.

Sadly since we don't have a practise area like BF4 did it's very much learn on the go.

Problem is - atleast in almost every game I've played of BF4 - you get almost no one using planes except that one guy who has dedicated their life to it and shoots you down almost instantly before you've even spawned in a plane LOL.

I had a lot more joy flying helis though I was only ever average at it.

Caporegime
I will be trying to get back into vehicles for bf 5 again, especially planes. Loved the vehicle combat in bf 4. Bf 1 just killed tanks and more so aircraft combat for me.

Caporegime
Honestly flying planes is boring as all ****, its nothing but turning wars in the air just to see who slips up so one can get behind another. Much prefer tank combat, much more to it than spinning in a circle like a dog chasing its tail.

Associate
Honestly flying planes is boring as all ****, its nothing but turning wars in the air just to see who slips up so one can get behind another. Much prefer tank combat, much more to it than spinning in a circle like a dog chasing its tail.

Have to agree, from the times I have tried it, it's been boring as. Think that's why I've never really put the time in to flying to actually get any good.

Can't beat good ol' infantry!

Permabanned
OP
I've never been able to fly planes properly, in fact last time I really enjoyed vehicle combat was BF2.

Can't wait for BF5 though :D

So I guess it's only people on these forums that can't fly? :p

I certainly can't, I wanted too but whenever I took to the sky I was cannon fodder, I don't think I ever got a kill other than when strafing players on the ground. Something as simple as hitting a moving Jeep was beyond my capabilities too. :rolleyes:

Associate
I certainly can't, I wanted too but whenever I took to the sky I was cannon fodder, I don't think I ever got a kill other than when strafing players on the ground. Something as simple as hitting a moving Jeep was beyond my capabilities too. :rolleyes:

Sounds exactly like me.

Associate
Pretty good in planes , but imho they need to bring back take offs , but I suppose larger maps are needed for that . Bf3 flying mechanics are by far and away the best . The problem is when your tackle with a constant volley of fire there’s no recovery mechanism in place that Allows a pilot to recover as a formidable opponent . It’s just down hill when you’ve lost the upper hand . Dog fighting it really isn’t . I prefer bombing runs on infranty the dog fighting off late

Caporegime
I really hope they tone down the absolute spam of anti tank weaponry, assaults with panzerfausts in the "alpha" was a total farce. They could carry 5 each and fire off all 5 in around 10 seconds, and seeing as that was the most played class tanks just had to just hang back and shell from a distance or go in and get destroyed in record time.

Soldato
Ok, talking about pre-order's what the quickest way to play this with access to the beta. It's more complicated than you think, Deluxe edition will give us early access by a couple of days but purchasing Origin fanboi of whatever it's called - says you can play form the 11th? But is this only a 10 hour trial or play as much as you want? If any-one's figured it all out let me know, cause I didn't go to school on the day when they taught this. I don't mind buying Origin fanboi for £14.99 a month before hand if I get 10% off the game and earlier access and play some of their games to pass the time, but surely I'll miss the beta end of August if I do this. CONFUSED!!

Back
Top Bottom