Is there a decent "budget" circa 34" monitor out there?

Soldato
I've got a bit of an upgrade itch and am wondering about a bigger monitor - ideally around the 34" mark, with a decent refresh rate and 1440p.

What are the best lower end options for these sorts of specs?

My existing monitor is in my sig (as is the CPU and GPU that will be feeding it) - I do some gaming (racing games, ARPG's and some FPS's) but for the most part I use it for general browsing etc!

Is there a generally regarded "best bang for buck" monitor not more than £500? (lower if possible!)

Soldato
I was looking at this as its supposed to be able to do 100hz with CRU (custom resolution utility)

electriQ 34" HDMI QHD Freesync Curved Gaming Monitor eiq-34CMUWQ60GAFS

There is a thread in this forum about it if you scroll down a bit. Im not sure thsi or the 4k ips version as this is 1440p VA screen.

Caporegime
I was looking at this as its supposed to be able to do 100hz with CRU (custom resolution utility)

electriQ 34" HDMI QHD Freesync Curved Gaming Monitor eiq-34CMUWQ60GAFS

There is a thread in this forum about it if you scroll down a bit. Im not sure thsi or the 4k ips version as this is 1440p VA screen.

Honestly these are junk. Look at something like the upcoming AOC322QC4 which is £400 and won’t use panels that anyone else would chuck in the bin.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I came across the upcoming AOC panel on HotUKDeals earlier today and it looked promising! My only issue is that my GPU is an Nvidia while this screen appears to be Freesync - how do the two play together??

Caporegime
Yeah, I came across the upcoming AOC panel on HotUKDeals earlier today and it looked promising! My only issue is that my GPU is an Nvidia while this screen appears to be Freesync - how do the two play together??

They don’t play together at all. The monitor will still work, just without variable frame rate.

Soldato
For a budget friendly panel i can recommend the Viewsonic VX3276-2k-mhd. Its 1440p, 10 bit IPS, overclockable to 75hz(every sample should be able to hit a minimum of 75hz as its adverticed on the spec sheet), 32 inches and extremely responsive for a 75hz ips panel. Best part of it is that i paid 260 pounds and thats with the very heavy taxation we have here in Denmark. Awesome panel for the money.

Soldato
You just won't be able to use Freesync, I've been like this for the last 2 years now shame AMD hasn't released a decent card for some time.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions guys - I do like the sounds of the AOC but I can't see me switching out my GTX970 for quite a while so I'm thinking FreeSync is a non-starter!

I like the look of the Viewsonic panel mentioned but is the 75hz a worthy improvement over my current monitor? (Which I believe is 60hz - not sure what difference this actually makes tbh!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom