Dark Age Of Camelot Phoenix

Soldato
Just a heads up on a new freshard that is currently in beta if anyone used to play this back in the day. [Edit: Now out of beta and live]

The server is classic daoc patch 1.65 with SI and lots of quality of life improvements.

Very similar to Uthgard but without the hardline devs, so there are many quality-of-life changes: more porters, pots with 10/30/100 charges, automated crafting, faster horses, faster XP, bonsues for grouping, no PL level range penalty (like on Uth), you can /train anywhere so dont have to run back to town etc..
https://playphoenix.online/

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a heads up on a new freshard that is currently in beta if anyone used to play this back in the day.

The server is classic daoc patch 1.65 with SI and lots of quality of life improvements.

Very similar to Uthgard but without the hardline devs, so there are many quality-of-life changes: more porters, pots with 10/30/100 charges, automated crafting, faster horses, faster XP, bonsues for grouping, no PL level range penalty (like on Uth), you can /train anywhere so dont have to run back to town etc..
http://playphoenix.wiki/
http://playphoenix.wiki/how-to-play-2/

Cheers mate. I will have a pop around there Phoenix. But Hibernia as always since 2002. I will never touch the other realms ever.
That would make me a traitor.

However 1.65 was one of the lamest patches and still cannot understand why they call it "classic". It was simply a LAME patch.
Champions, Thanes and to lesser extend Paladins were unplayable. And I do not mean you cannot play them, but you will never find a group, especially in RvR if you play those classes.
NEVER. Thats how gimped they were.

Patch 1.70 is the one of my choice even without ToA. (i loved ToA)
Balanced our the Realm Abilities to all classes making the hybrids valid choice to groups.

Soldato
I still remember a mate at school who would bang on about DAoC all the time, him and his dad played it religiously, his dad even more so with 24hr stints on weekends and what not.

Remember playing with three guys who were grandfather, son, grandson. Was a game that properly spanned generations.

Was ruined in the EU by GoA, they completely mis-managed it and killed it off. To make matters worse when they migrated the accounts back into US servers access was time limited so if you didn't reclaim the accounts there everything was lost. Which was entirely needless when you consider it was a subscription based game and we're talking about accounts that took thousands of hours in some cases to make. I had no interest in starting from scratch after finding out but as a US beta tester back when it was first coming out I at least has something already to play with even if was a terribly spec'd shadowblade !

Soldato
Install UO..

seriously though I'm tempted if just to listen to the music lol
I did so last month...Europa was a ghost town. I used my old account with that F2P system they've got currently but you're heavily limited in how to play so there is little point. The F2P feature I'd imagine hasn't made an impact at all in subs figures. I ventured from Minoc, to Vesper and then to Yew and Trinsic on foot. I saw no one until I reached Trinsic and this chap by the bank was afk. The music (and old intro) was the best part!

Associate
I did so last month...Europa was a ghost town. I used my old account with that F2P system they've got currently but you're heavily limited in how to play so there is little point. The F2P feature I'd imagine hasn't made an impact at all in subs figures. I ventured from Minoc, to Vesper and then to Yew and Trinsic on foot. I saw no one until I reached Trinsic and this chap by the bank was afk. The music (and old intro) was the best part!
We're all hanging out in our RP player towns ;). Luna is the place to hang now, all other town banks are quiet.

Soldato
I was looking at the server settings today and can see that Champions can get Det even if it wasn't allowed under patch 1.65.
Something that Uthgard is strict on but Phoenix is not for the sake of balancing the classes.

Soldato
OP
Tomorrow afternoon they are implementing instant lvl 30 and the caledonian battleground is 30 - 34 should be a lot of action :)

Associate
oh god i should never have seen this :((( 50 Ranger 6L7 or so, 50 Druid (Buffbot), 50 Mana Eld, 50 Animist (Dragon farmer), 50 Nightshade all on Hib Excal back in the day, i used to run with another Ranger, we would camp Emain Alb Gate and gank stragglers on the Alb Zerg, was hilarious times. I later went to Alb and had a 50 Reaver, 50 Necro, 50 Friar, 50 Cleric (Buffbot), 50 Mincer all mid RR... ended up before i quit playing Mid with some really cool guys, one of them is "Big Daddy Den" who streams a lot of D3 stuff on twitch if anyone knows him? we used to play Middie SB's / Hunters and storm around that Mino Lab place with Celestrial Weapons, was kinda funny but OP at the same time.

I LOVED Toa, everyone hated it, but i loved it, loved the Lore of the place, loved the Trials even though they were hard as nails and took far too much time and co-ordination etc, i just loved Artifacts and farming scrolls to activate etc and building templates with them, SoM was the go to for STealthers, and that dagger that proc'ed the Vampiric mist thing etc.

Back
Top Bottom