All inclusive Croatia

Man of Honour
My nephew fancies somewhere outside the dollar or euro zone for a couple of weeks holiday, with his fiancée and their 4 y.o. daughter, I told them that the coast around Dubrovnik was a great area when I was trucking around Europe, but that I hadn’t been there for a holiday.
He was at my place for lunch today, so I told him to knock himself out on my iMac, and see what he could find.
After a while, he said “Jean, am I doing something wrong?”
I said “What’s up?” He showed me that he was typing in “all inclusive hotel holidays Croatia”, he was getting plenty of hits, but when he clicked on them, and put in dates etc., none of them were all inclusive as we understand it, they were ‘breakfast included’, ‘half board’ etc.
I took over, but I was getting the same results, I even went on Expedia.co.uk, and still wasn’t offered any all inclusive, I began to doubt that they exist, anyone know any sites that will offer him what he’s looking for?
He’s not looking for cheap, knowing him, he’d opt for a 5 star over a 3 star, he’d be happy to pay a couple of grand plus to get something his lady will like, I tried to push him to rent an apartment or villa, but he seems set on a hotel.

Soldato
I've always associated all inclusive as being the in resorts in Thomson holiday places like Turkey, Greek Islands or Spain where people don't leave the hotel. Maybe one of those places would be better?

Man of Honour
Probably have better luck in that area looking at Montenegro for all-inclusive.

(Kotor is one of the more popular spots but plenty of other places).

Man of Honour
OP
I've always associated all inclusive as being the in resorts in Thomson holiday places like Turkey, Greek Islands or Spain where people don't leave the hotel. Maybe one of those places would be better?

Thanks for the tip, he checked out the Thomson/Tui site and went for an 11 night all inclusive at a hotel in Makarska, some 60 km from Split, £1280 p.p., no idea about any price for the little one.
What he liked was the midday flight out of LGW, and early afternoon return flight going back, thanks again.

Soldato
Can't see the point in all inclusive unless it's in a country that would be too dangerous to explore as tourists.
If you have kids it can be a nice break where you don't have to worry about doing anything. It doesn't prevent you climbing up Mount Kilimanjaro on a separate holiday but that's not really an option with a 4 year old in tow.

Man of Honour

Lol, I've just been to Lanzarote for 2 weeks and left the hotel every day.
All inclusive means for very little extra your food & drink gets taken care of for when you're there.
So much snobbery.

Soldato
Thanks for the tip, he checked out the Thomson/Tui site and went for an 11 night all inclusive at a hotel in Makarska, some 60 km from Split, £1280 p.p., no idea about any price for the little one.
What he liked was the midday flight out of LGW, and early afternoon return flight going back, thanks again.
No problem, we've done a few Thomson (sorry I forgot they are TUI now) holidays with similarly aged kids in the Canaries - they love it. :)

Man of Honour
Main point of all inclusive is it is (relatively) cheap so if you aren't big on dining out etc or fussy about the quality of your food then I think it can make sense for people looking to stay based around the resort most of the time. Free drinks means if you want to hit the bar every night then you probably save quite a bit.

Personally I think I'd be more likely to go half board or B&B so I don't feel like I need to 'get the value out of' all-inclusive i.e. encourage me to travel around a lot. Like everything, though would depend on the cost differential.

Soldato
Had the same issue myself - Mrs wants to go to Croatia, I'd prefer All Inclusive but came up blank pretty much.

We settled on Tunisia this year, next year we'll just go B&B I guess.

Back
Top Bottom