*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
love it, absolutely love it.

Things I don't like though:

- The damn revives system, it's to slow and laboured. Feels clunky at the end of the animation. Why has my guy gotta stand up with a big sign above my head saying "free shot" when reviving though. What medic wouldn't lay down to patch someone up :mad::mad::mad:
- the map
- the UI
- clutter
- contrast
- don't like the light to dark when going into buildings and vice versa.

Mostly issues with seeing targets and how everything looks on the screen for me. Oh and THREE server disconnects tonight :mad::mad:

Performance is fantastic though...no low4ro here, all bells and whistles, 1440p and 100fps+...not a bad start for an Alpha.

Last edited:
Caporegime
BF 4 spotting was very good in the end, not too much and nicely balanced.

These screenshots sum up my experience..... Don't know if they are allowed or not so have hidden details just in case

FVgVRz7.png

ytT9tCo.png

cqP0REk.png

I know this is after the death, but pretty sure blood still appears on your screen when getting shot at??? Not had the chance to screenshot/video when I die yet

7UY3PI4.png

vZIPndU.png

The parts circled in red are my main areas of concern (not as bad in the screenshots and has been at least 10 times worse....), I can't see **** in front of me but somehow I get insta killed from someone on the other side???? I'm using low4pro settings so it can't be that. Really hope this isn't going to be buggy like the sand storm on sinai in bf 1 i.e. some people have it, others don't or even worse..... client side :/

Performance is better for me than bf 1 (dx 12 still a **** show). No random/sudden big FPS drops and feels a lot smoother than bf 1, it'll be interesting to see what the final release is like though, as bf 1 has got worse with every patch for me.

No disconnects on my end.

Caporegime
The game still has the black screen bug when you scope in occasionally, you also still see players at a bit of a distance sliding along instead of running. Presumably that's some sort of performance saving feature that you're not meant to be able to see.

My poor GTX970 just gets pegged at 99% and stays there the whole game @ 1080. Not surprising the game runs like **** and I feel like I am running through treacle. Awful compared to Bf1, and yes its alpha, but the map isn't exactly huge.

So far it feels like I am playing (a really buggy) version of COD.

Caporegime
My poor GTX970 just gets pegged at 99% and stays there the whole game @ 1080. Not surprising the game runs like **** and I feel like I am running through treacle. Awful compared to Bf1, and yes its alpha, but the map isn't exactly huge.

So far it feels like I am playing (a really buggy) version of COD.

That's what some are saying on the bf forums, its like cod with bc2 vehicles. Just far too many particle effects going on for the sake of it which is hindering performance.

Caporegime
Flying a plane and trying to see infantry to strafe is a laugh, it's literally a game of hide and seek, you see the odd vehicle shambling along as it tries to negotiate a 1 foot bump without being flipped over, but for the most part from the air you would think the map had nobody on it.

The beta has to be a big improvement over this, if not i'm not gonna bother with it. It's bad enough it doesn't even remotely look like a ww2 game (based on whats playable currently), but with paper tanks literally bouncing and sliding around the map (battlefield 1 tanks are far and away better, not to mention faster), planes that have the maneuverability of a beached whale, and assault class >>>>>>>>> all with their rail gun stg-44 and rapid fire spamzerfausts, i can see this getting old fast.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Amazing from reports many of those old legacy engine bugs rear their head yet again...

You would think that newer versions of the engine would have those eradicated, but nope. Seems like some of them are just inherent to the engine and can't be fixed.

Last edited:
Associate
Weird, I really didn't enjoy the first Alpha much but my first play again last night I did. I treated it like it like a game of hardcore and just stopped running around. Most of the time your trying to spot people though, I agree, which slows the pace down considerably. It's going to be hard to just jump into and out of for a quick jolly. Maybe a snow map wasn't the best choice as a test map too, it's too visually busy. At least when they tested BF1 it was in the middle of a bright and clear desert (until the sandstorm/fog). I tried low, mid and high settings. Made zero difference to me!
And, wow! The bullet drop from BF3 is back. The Kar is a proper rifle again. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed my games last night. Conquest rounds were mostly balanced, but the Shock operations was a complete steamroll for the attackers for the rounds I played.

It is tough visually spotting things, and I find myself automatically placing a red triangle 20m in front of me every 3 secs or so (Spotting habits from previous games). What I don't like is that sometimes you do see a spot on people and other times you don't which lures you back to the old dorrito shooting tactics until you get shot by someone right in front of you that you didn't notice because they weren't spotted. Either have spotting or not, the halfway house is the worse option.

Both medic guns seemed good at their roles, and it's nice to have a choice of medium range or CQ range weapons available for the class unlike bf1 (Well until the federov turned up).

Going to try other classes tonight.

Associate
I should be really excited by now but I'm not. I wasn't excited for BF1 either. BF3 and BF4 are different stories though, so much hype...

BF5 just doesn't give me the epic BF vibe. Maybe it's the map, I don't know. I think I'll cancel my preorder.

Soldato
How do I get onto testing this?

You need an alpha key to enter into origin. If you didn't get an email with one, your best bet is to watch for giveaways on the EA Discord or various game changers have been giving away keys on twitter/ during twitch streams or on their own Discord channels.

Caporegime
Quite a lot of negative feedback on the alpha forum, pretty unsurprising seeing as really not much has changed besides a few weapons tweaks from the last alpha. They would have been better served doing a closed beta before the beta next month with a new map to give a better overall impression of the game.

Really baffles me how they have internal playtesting and seemingly a lot of the stuff currently in the game the testers were all fine with. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom