Laptop wont turn on

Soldato
Hi all

My neighbour has asked me to look at her laptop to try solve an issue but im not sure on it so I've come to you knowledgeable lot for help...

Shes used the laptop over the past few weeks but it constantly says battery needs charging, Now its completely not working even with charger plugged in... What could be the issue?

Its a Lenovo Z50-70
Cheers

Soldato
OP
don't have a multimeter to hand to check output voltage of the charger?

Right, i think ive figured out the issue, the charger cable has to be in a certain angle to send charge through as she has a bit taped near the end...

Ive left it on charge for the last few hours, when i took it off charge it booted up first time but the battery died within 30 mins... Any ideas?

Also her laptop is mega slow, Takes longer than a minute to even get to the log in screen

Soldato
Ive left it on charge for the last few hours, when i took it off charge it booted up first time but the battery died within 30 mins... Any ideas?
new cable and battery - don't be tempted to buy cheap £4.50 Chinese crap!!

Also her laptop is mega slow, Takes longer than a minute to even get to the log in screen
that could be anything......virus, clutter, old age, hardware problems.

just a few more simple things to do....
run Malwarebytes and see if it finds anything untoward.
once loaded check & see what programs launch on start up
see how much ram is installed and being used

Associate
For the laptop being slow it could be anything as stated above the best thing to do is download and install a fresh copy of windows if she is using windows 10 download the media creation tool and run that to create a DVD or USB bootable disk

Back
Top Bottom