Laptop for £1k to £1200 - which one too much choice

Associate
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,311.08 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

So the above choice both look good. Saw the ROG Strix in a large retail store today and it looks good. It would be perfect if 256 SSD and 7200 RPM main drive.

There is nothing else in the price range that I can see, but which is best for gaming and also working (only Office products). A 1060 6GB is the same graphics card as main desktop so should be happy. The larger screen also seems a better bet for Fortnite.

Will be driving past OC tomorrow and could pick up. Saw another post about waiting for Nvidia 11, but have been undecided for the last 3 months and need to commit soon.

Associate
theres nothing wrong with windows 10 home I was just stating a fact that my asus laptop came with home edition. comparable to pro for gaming there isn't any difference the main thing you get is bitlocker and that's it, sorry if I put it across wrong

Associate
OP
in the end I plumped for the Asus ROG, but didn't get freebies like the case and mouse that came with the TUF, but I couldn't find the TUF out anywhere to check it out.
@Loki - why no goodies with the more expensive laptop?
Also the box it came in is the poshest thing compared to what my deceased Medusa 5.1 analogue headphones came in at the time.

Finally got Windows updated and the screen and keyboard are excellent. Not yet gamed on it as downloading

Back
Top Bottom