Overhaul of PC for ~£900

Associate
Hello all,

I am finally getting around to upgrading my PC, after it struggles doing the simplest of tasks, let alone playing any game.

It is pretty much a massive refresh, looking to spend around £900.

I will be keeping (but will consider upgrading if recommended):
That leaves to be replaced:
  • Motherboard
  • CPU (Currently Intel Core 2 Duo E6750)
  • RAM (Currently 8GB Random assortment of DDR2)
  • GPU (Currently Nvidia GeForce GTX 275)
  • PSU (Currently Corsair HX520w)
I have been taking a look and happy with either AMD or Intel processors, previously been on Intel but the Ryzen processors look awesome. Same kind of deal for GPU, previously been using NVidia GPUs, however happy to switch over.

I was considering keeping the PSU, but with new hardware and it's age, I might need more power, happy to take advice on that.

Thank you for any help and advice,
David

Soldato
I agree with replacing the PSU. Actually, you might as well go for a complete replacement system, transferring a HDD or two and the peripherals, and keep your old system as a spare.

Or buy a very cheap case and put your old system in that and your new system in your old case.

After a case and PSU, look at OCUK's Ryzen SSD bundles and get the best GPU you can afford. Note that Nvidia has launched new GPUs and GPU prices for older cards are likely to be reduced.

Soldato
When bundle back in stock...

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £928.04 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Associate
OP
Thanks for the great advice guys.

Lemin, that bundle looked fantastic, had a look around and couldn't find anything much better so... bought! Thanks a lot.

Also thanks for the advice Quartz, you are right, it is practically a full system so I added in a cheap case to hold the old PC.
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £38.09 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Lets see how the build goes, but thanks! :D

Back
Top Bottom