Squarespace, wix or... ??

Soldato
Wondering what's best to set up a better than amateur to pro level looking website with ability to have some pictures/thumbnails and a preview youtube window which could potentially showcase a few "latest" vids for an account

Seems like the builders for Squarespace and Wix can offer most of this but wondering if there's a better/cheaper alternative to this ?

Soldato
I'm not sure many people here would really use either of the WYSIWYG style creators but I know they've been mentioned a few times that I've seen so work a search.

If you want to do it yourself with little or no experience I am sure they'll be up for the job but you do pay a premium for it and I'm guessing it's limited with what can be done.

A few more details about what the website will do and what your aim is will help people give more advice.

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure many people here would really use either of the WYSIWYG style creators but I know they've been mentioned a few times that I've seen so work a search.

If you want to do it yourself with little or no experience I am sure they'll be up for the job but you do pay a premium for it and I'm guessing it's limited with what can be done.

A few more details about what the website will do and what your aim is will help people give more advice.

I would do it myself but I don't have the time for the foreseeable future to learn coding and wordpress to get it to the standards I could with WYSIWYG, I just want a photography portofolio with different pages for different genres of photography, mainly with thumbnails that will open into a gallery and a window on the homepage that automatically updates with most recent (or a couple) youtube vids for a specific account, I know it's possible to do it manually but if I can automate that would be a bonus

Soldato
I would do it myself but I don't have the time for the foreseeable future to learn coding and wordpress to get it to the standards I could with WYSIWYG, I just want a photography portofolio with different pages for different genres of photography, mainly with thumbnails that will open into a gallery and a window on the homepage that automatically updates with most recent (or a couple) youtube vids for a specific account, I know it's possible to do it manually but if I can automate that would be a bonus

I know a lot of togs use squarespace, as for the youtube auto update, I'd honestly pop their support people a message and ask. "Before i invest in your platform, can it do X, Y & Z..." They'll soon give you a response if it means a sale :)

Back
Top Bottom