Finally ditching flexible tubing....

Associate
OP
The res has the pump in it, so at the moment it's still a bit of a requirement :)
Fortunately, this case has a handle at the back where all the cables come out.
Air bubbles are an issue, there probably is some trapped air in there which the pump can't shift, but I'm happy with the temps, it might come out eventually :)

I'm really quite surprised there haven't been negative comments given the monstrosity and the fact that I still can't put the side of the case on because that's where the rad is venting :D

Associate
Give it a bit of a tip from side to side with the pump on full, that'll get the air out. I almost lay mine over to one side to get all the air out of mine as I've got the ports at the bottom (not ideal).

Soldato
I'm really quite surprised there haven't been negative comments given the monstrosity and the fact that I still can't put the side of the case on because that's where the rad is venting :D
I think most people on an overclocking website understand Performance>Style, those with a much high budget can get both, but lets face it, you spend most of the time looking at your monitor, not into your case :)

Soldato
I was just being polite because you did a pretty competent job overall :D

If it was all plumbing fittings and leaking, with cable ties and inappropriate blocks, I might have been more scathing!

Associate
OP
Thanks for those comments :)
I'll take some pics later showing how the system allows me to move the rad and res without draining, in case it isn't obvious (the res doesn't look obvious at all since it's not visible in the pics :) )

Soldato

Anyone who watercools doesn’t deserve negative comments. Everyone has their own approach, and just because you didn’t spend a fortune on overpriced pretty equipment it doesn’t mean your performance is worse, which is ultimately what counts.

It wasn’t that long ago that there was no real standard, everyone was using that one aquarium pump that everyone recommended (I think it was green, and quite bulky) and everyone’s rig looked about as good as yours, or worse. The modularity of it would have made it quite impressive at the time :D

My next build will be full of quick disconnects and flexy tube; it makes life so much easier, and I don’t care if it looks messy. I’m happy as long as my temps are low and my fans are quiet. :)

Back
Top Bottom