How are you preparing for Brexit money wise?

Soldato
At the moment getting the flat sold and getting a house before the poo hits the fan, getting a fixed mortgage. In aid of the house I am getting a temporary weekend job just to get a bigger deposit to start so when we get the mortgage we don't need as much money. These are things which are not specifically because of brexit but will help if it goes into the toilet.

Caporegime
If no deal then I expect some shortages and reduced choice...but only for a while until new supply lines are put in place. When they return they will probably be at higher prices.

As a nation we are not really that good at dealing with (even short term) shortages, which often cause needless panic buying.

My understanding is its not so much a case of shortages but due to the hold up at customs screwing just in time set ups.

But given everyone has to deal with this when they trade outside of Europe there should be plenty of experience and practices to use to make it a swift transition

Soldato
Just not paying it any attention, highly doubtful that any changes are going to be that significant apart from maybe some short term price rises on some daily items. Lifes too short to be worrying about things like Brexit.

Permabanned
Tories wrecking the country, pound worthless, massive austerity to continue for decades, businesses leaving left right and centre and people spout guff about being worried about Labour. #priorities :D

Man of Honour
No major changes for me:
-Disposed of most of shares in a specific company that I believe will experience slightly stunted performance due to this
-Made me a bit more cautious about buying a flat in London (hasn't got out of research phase)
-Has encouraged me to seriously consider an overseas holiday with my wife before the end of March (we haven't had one since 2012)

Man of Honour
Just the usual, making sure my household lives within its means and minimising frivolous spending. I don't think leaving the EU will cause too much of a problem for little old me.

Soldato
Postponing property sale given the spooked market. It might mean I pay less stamp duty and fees so might not be all bad.

Mark Carney might have done first time buyers a favour with his forecasts of Doom. Property prices need to come down for the benefit of everyone.

Soldato
Postponing property sale given the spooked market. It might mean I pay less stamp duty and fees so might not be all bad.

Mark Carney might have done first time buyers a favour with his forecasts of Doom. Property prices need to come down for the benefit of everyone.

Whilst I can see why an ever increasing trajectory of upwards prices is a bad thing, having them fall significantly could also be really bad. Especially if people have purchased with 10% equity, falling 10% would put their equity down to zero.

Pausing for a breather is probably the best outcome for everyone at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom