A case for a cctv server.

Associate
Hey folks just looking for some advice I'd like to build a cctv system for my house its going to be situated in my loft and left on 24/7 so would need good dust filtering. I'm using an matx mb so that would be the smallest form factor. Thanks

Soldato
Unless you're going to regularly clean the filters you're better off going without.

I wouldn't have thought that a loft would be particularly dusty (airborn) anyway.

I'd be more concerned about heat. In the summer my loft gets up to temperatures where I'd never consider having a running PC up there.

Any reason you're building a PC for this?

Associate
OP
not building as such reusing old spare parts have got an old apu and ram/mb and psu i dont use (only thing i dont have a spare of is a case) and since moving house into a very rural location i think cctv would be wise investment and has looking to use ip cameras and the reason i want to store it in the loft is simply ease of cable runs, i have quite large overhangs on the roof so the cables can come straight down from the roof to their desired locations and still be inaccessible to most unless they bring a 25 foot ladder with them.

Associate
Not sure how many HDD's you're planning to use but I use a Fractal Node 804 for my CCTV/Plex/NAS server. It can take 10 3.5" HDDs

Back
Top Bottom