How do I fix this?

Associate
As per the pic, what's the best way to fix this?

The rip in the roof lining runs right alongside the wooded roof support (sorry, don't know its proper name) which probably makes it a little more problematic.

Its been like this since we moved in and no issues to date (that I can see) but really should get around to sorting.

Thanks.

file.jpg

Associate
Don't be too concerned over it, our old house was faaaar worse than this when we moved in, and didn't cause any issues.

Could try taping it, however we would have more tape than felt!

Associate
Bitumen roofing tape (stickiest substance in the world when warmed up) will stick to the under-felt so you can repair it, but it does need to be warm.

Soldato
Looks like somebody has tried to glue it before.

Its right on the bottom edge of a sheet so i'd get a new patch and glue it on the inside at the top and hang it over the outside of the sheet below so that any water runs outside.

edit: like this:
cG3pBrh.jpg
solid line where it's on the inside of the existing top sheet and dashed line where it goes on the outside of the bottom sheet.

Soldato
It looks like the sarking felt, I think it is only there to protect against water getting blown up under the tiles in very bad weather it doesn’t do anything the vast majority of the time. A simple tape repair is adequate. Even if it wasn’t repaired you would be very unlucky to have any lasting problems.

Back
Top Bottom