Seiki SU4KC1 SH4KC1 U-Vision Upconversion Upscaling 4K Cable

Soldato
rDMHWMV.jpg

Thought I would test this out after seeing Linus's review of the much more expensive m cable.

Wasn't expecting much from this £19.99 cable. Wasn't expecting anything tbh.

But... Wow, it actually works.

Tried this on Switch, and an OG Xbox One. It is amazing, adds AA, enhances colors and sharpness. Games have more pop.

Also used it on media box set to 1080P 24Hz, and it really does upscale to full 4K with way more detail / clarity that built in scalars offer.

Anyone else tried this ?

Would like to hear other peoples opinions on it.

Soldato
No but I struggle to believe a 20 quid cable would be better than the native upscaling by the tv set. It sounds like it adds a load of processing to the image as well, which I specifically disable on my OLED due to the unwanted input lag it causes.

Caporegime
It definitely sounds interesting but like SS-89 I'm a bit sceptical and usually turn off all processing. I'd be interested to see some comparison screenshots from some captures to see to what extent it is changing the original image.

Soldato
OP
It definitely sounds interesting but like SS-89 I'm a bit sceptical and usually turn off all processing. I'd be interested to see some comparison screenshots from some captures to see to what extent it is changing the original image.

Yeah I thought it would literally do nothing, but it really is amazing. Adds AA, improves color, you need to see in action. If anyone is interested, can always pick one up for £20 and return it if you don't like it.

I've bought a second now xD

Associate
Yeah I thought it would literally do nothing, but it really is amazing. Adds AA, improves color, you need to see in action. If anyone is interested, can always pick one up for £20 and return it if you don't like it.

I've bought a second now xD
Hey,
have you got any more information about the cable in terms of comparison screenshots? I'm about to buy that particular cable for my GameCube with an HDMI adapter (Switch also) and I'm curious if the added AA would work and make the picture "crisper".
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom