Cockblocked by co-worker

Soldato
Yet I've seen this work time and time again. Not one for doing it myself, but it often works.

Maybe. Maybe I'm just old school, but wearing them down to eventually go out with you isn't a good look, and I can't imagine it being a nice feeling.

I'm sure there's plenty of people in the dating pool who would actually want to date OP.

Soldato
Can't really say if I'm "that sort of guy" or not since I've only had one relationship, which is my current relationship, and I asked her out ten years ago. I don't think I was worried about offending her, but if she'd had said "No thanks", I certainly wouldn't have persisted. It lacks maturity to keep asking.

I can see merit in asking twice, maybe, if there's been significant time between asking, and perhaps the situation has changed slightly, but three times is obsessive. Move on, she's just not into you. And if she ever changes her mind, then the ball is in her court IMO to make the move, as she knows the other party is (probably) interested.

I like you think women are either into someone or not into someone, as if it's an insurmountable wall, you can create attraction based on saying and doing things which will change how women feel about you. Social groups are incredibly powerful to women, women wouldn't wish to be isolated socially at work, they need their support networks - that's probably the case here. It might not be that the girl doesn't like the OP, just that she doesn't wish to risk being bullied/isolated at work by going out with him, this is a situation that can be overcome with the correct words and actions. It was entirely obvious that you've had little experience attracting women because you have no clue what you're talking about. Also she didn't say no when he asked her out, she said she was busy.

Soldato
I like you think women are either into someone or not into someone, as if it's an insurmountable wall, you can create attraction based on saying and doing things which will change how women feel about you. Social groups are incredibly powerful to women, women wouldn't wish to be isolated socially at work, they need their support networks - that's probably the case here. It might not be that the girl doesn't like the OP, just that she doesn't wish to risk being bullied/isolated at work by going out with him, this is a situation that can be overcome with the correct words and actions. It was entirely obvious that you've had little experience attracting women because you have no clue what you're talking about. Also she didn't say no when he asked her out, she said she was busy.

You sound a bit rapey, but good luck to you and your ventures.

Permabanned
Can't really say if I'm "that sort of guy" or not since I've only had one relationship, which is my current relationship, and I asked her out ten years ago. I don't think I was worried about offending her, but if she'd had said "No thanks", I certainly wouldn't have persisted. It lacks maturity to keep asking.

I can see merit in asking twice, maybe, if there's been significant time between asking, and perhaps the situation has changed slightly, but three times is obsessive. Move on, she's just not into you. And if she ever changes her mind, then the ball is in her court IMO to make the move, as she knows the other party is (probably) interested.

I'm with you dude. Roar is talking horse ***** as per.

Soldato
Inject high levels of testosterone to assert dominance in the workplace, flex shirtless in the lift mirror (only when accompanied by other coworkers) and have cold, open door showers in the workplace bathroom.

This is truly fantastic advice. I would like to add two additional points, refer to all other men in the office as Betas, when doing this face to face follow up by throwing your arms wide and shouting "WHAT YOU GONNA DO! HUH?. That's what I thought" then walk off. You need to assert yourself as the dominant male, then you can mate with your pick of the females.

Last edited:
Soldato
Inject high levels of testosterone to assert dominance in the workplace, flex shirtless in the lift mirror (only when accompanied by other coworkers) and have cold, open door showers in the workplace bathroom.

This.

Also OP, get on top of a desk and pee over the whole office... including her. You need to mark your territory and show everyone who is boss. Make sure you pee extra on fat girl so she gets the message.

Soldato
Not sure why the you have a "no solo flexing" policy.

Associate
I don't think Jen wants to lose her social status at work, especially with mother hen on the watch. Tracy is a feminazi, any male ego at work and she's there!

I did ask Jen out but she said she's busy on three separate occasions (3 strikes), so I asked what's up but she said nothing. Her body language is totally off now, you can tell when a girl isn't into you anymore.

Basically, my game is weak and I'm out of my depth. It's not like Jen is super outgoing, she's shy and quiet and doesn't like attention.

I even asked my boss to fire Tracy as my boss is like my mum, but she just joked she'll cut her hours. :p

I guess I'm making Tracy out as a scapegoat and I should just give up.

Is this real life or an episode of Hollyoaks?

Soldato
Waste of energy and the pump when it can be saved in attendance of beta males and prime female specimens in a closed environment they can’t eadily escape from.

What he’s looking for is that primal head drop from Bob when he realises he’s not on OP’s level.

This.

Only poster here with any clue about women tbh. This thread is too beta....

Man of Honour
[..] Also she didn't say no when he asked her out, she said she was busy.

Which is a polite way of saying "no" unless it's followed with a counter-offer.

"Do you want to go out on Friday?"

"I'm busy on Friday" - this is a polite no.

"I'm busy this Friday, how about next Friday?" - this is a yes.

"I'm busy" once might (but probably isn't) be a failure of communication when a person really is busy on that particular day, but 3 times definitely isn't. That's a definite "no". Not today, not next week, not at all.

Man of Honour
This is truly fantastic advice. I would like to add two additional points, refer to all other men in the office as Betas, when doing this face to face follow up by throwing your arms wide and shouting "WHAT YOU GONNA DO! HUH?. That's what I thought" then walk off. You need to assert yourself as the dominant male, then you can mate with your pick of the females.

Do you need to paint your backside pink while doing that? I recall that being something to do with primate mating rituals, but I'm sadly out of touch with this sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom