• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
As predicted in previous posts, I am one of the new owners of a Vega 56 Pulse. This is my first build ever and I am concerned about the power supply... is 550w enough or should I go higher? to 650w? 750w?

This is what my buying list is looking at the moment: https://uk.************.com/list/v42pRJ

Thanks!

l0z

l0z

Associate
As predicted in previous posts, I am one of the new owners of a Vega 56 Pulse. This is my first build ever and I am concerned about the power supply... is 550w enough or should I go higher? to 650w? 750w?

This is what my buying list is looking at the moment: https://uk.************.com/list/v42pRJ

Thanks!

My V56 arrived today. I'm using a Corsair GS600 psu with no problems. 2xSSDs, 1xHDD, OC'd 3770K.

Caporegime

Thanks!

Id go higher than 550w tbh.

would a vega 56 be a good upgrade from a fury x

Yeah id say so, even in the memory dept., as 4GB isn't enough these days.

Last edited:
Associate

Vega 56 should not pull more than 300W! Maybe your 700w unit was faulty.

** Seems it can draw 376 watts for <50ms oof!

Seems every time I want to go team RED I need a bigger power supply.

Last edited:
Associate
Gonna pull the trigger on a Sapphire Pulse when they are back in stock I think. Finally a decent card for not silly money. Should be a nice upgrade to an R9 290? Is there still gains to be had by flashing the 64 Bios as well as tweaking voltage and power in watt an?

Soldato
I picked up a 56 as after selling my existing stop gap card and I intend to sell the free games the price is ridiculous.

I know AMD are currently fourth in a two horse race but strong showings in recent titles coupled with a rock bottom prices made them too hard to ignore.

Associate
Does anyone have the sapphire pulse in a small case ? If so what temps do you run under load on the you?

I have a gtx 970 msi which tops out at 75 with an overclock inside a sg13 case

That card is 277 long and just fits. The 56 is 282 I'm guessing I can return it if it doesnt fit

Do these cards overclock well ? Or do they run hot when done

I'm always going to have a small case. Will be gettingbthe loque ghost, would I be best sticking to nvidia for a cooler card or wait till next year's offering have

Associate
RADEON RX VEGA 56 ROG STRIX OC 8GB HBM2 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

Will this run ok on a Corsair 650W power supply stock?

Would probably run in lower power mode but dont want any issues.

Associate
Hi guys, hoping for some advice, received and installed the Sapphire Vega 56 to replace my old GTX 770.

Installation easy, card went straight in booted up no problems.

Uninstalled all of the NVIDIA software then downloaded Radeon Adrenalin software (currently running Radeon Software Version 18.11.1).

Apologies if I'm missing something really obvious as I'm no expert and haven't had a Radeon for many years but I'm getting truly abysmal FPS in benchmark and on Fortnite i.e. as low as 10 - 20!

Do I need to change some settings in the software or change BIOS settings or something?

Thanks in advance for any advice as this has been a massive anti climax lol!!!

PC spec below, never overclocked any components / changed anything from default settings.

Intel i7-4790 3.60GHz LGA1150 Haswell
MSI GEForce GTX 770 OC 2GB DDR5
8GB RAM (Kingston 2 x 4GB DDR3-1600 (11-11-11 timing) DRAM)
MSI B85I Gen 4 LGA1150 Mini ITX motherboard
Antec ISK600 Mini ITX Shuttle Case
Antec Earthwatts EA-550 Platinum low noise PSU
120gb SSD

l0z

l0z

Associate
Does anyone have the sapphire pulse in a small case ? If so what temps do you run under load on the you?

I have a gtx 970 msi which tops out at 75 with an overclock inside a sg13 case

That card is 277 long and just fits. The 56 is 282 I'm guessing I can return it if it doesnt fit

Do these cards overclock well ? Or do they run hot when done

I'm always going to have a small case. Will be gettingbthe loque ghost, would I be best sticking to nvidia for a cooler card or wait till next year's offering have

I've just fitted mine into a Bitfenix Prodigy mITX build. It's *very* snug. Temp after 10 mins 100% load is 68C.

Soldato
Hi guys, hoping for some advice, received and installed the Sapphire Vega 56 to replace my old GTX 770.

Uninstalled all of the NVIDIA software then downloaded Radeon Adrenalin software (currently running Radeon Software Version 18.11.1).

Apologies if I'm missing something really obvious as I'm no expert and haven't had a Radeon for many years but I'm getting truly abysmal FPS in benchmark and on Fortnite i.e. as low as 10 - 20!

Do I need to change some settings in the software or change BIOS settings or something?

PC spec below, never overclocked any components / changed anything from default settings.

120gb SSD

Run some benchmarks testing and see what HWmonitor says your temps are at etc. Even with thernal throttling that's now right in terms of FPS in fortnite

Soldato

120gb SSD
Out of interest, do the scores improve if you restart the PC (not shutdown, restart/reset)?
I get a similar issue with my Fury X on a cold/first boot, but a restart (even pressing reset button while on BIOS post screen) seems to sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom