• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Final Fantasy XV bench

Associate
Nice score Tommy. You have a similar system to me. Seems you got around 240 points more than me, but my cpu is clocked at 100MHz less and I have the Titan X Pascal :)

Cheers pal, it's a good card no doubt, just a shame the thermals and power limit hold it back so much. at the start of the bench it gets to 2063mhz but if I'm running a 4k benchmark it'll sit low 1900s/high 1800s :(

All pascal cards are still incredible really, anything from a 1070+ is still going strong heck even a 1060 is still kicking but :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Cheers pal, it's a good card no doubt, just a shame the thermals and power limit hold it back so much. at the start of the bench it gets to 2063mhz but if I'm running a 4k benchmark it'll sit low 1900s/high 1800s :(

All pascal cards are still incredible really, anything from a 1070+ is still going strong heck even a 1060 is still kicking but :D

I think my case cooling might be slightly better or I have a better chip (silicon lottery) as I manage slightly better clocks on air. Depending on the game I get between 19xx-20xx when I play games with the fan set to a 1:1 ratio which typically goes to around 74% which is obviously around 74C with my overclock. Obviously anything after 60% can get noisy, but that is why we have headphones :p

The great thing is, games that would get around 40fps with say a 1070/980ti now can run with no oc and hardly any noise due to not even needing to oc the card. At this point I only have a handful of games that need an oc in my whole steam library to reach 60fps, so I won’t need to run the card in noisy mode often. Say Resident Evil 7 or Prey both could not achieve 57fps (what I lock my games to for best G-Sync results at 4K) even when I had a 1080 no matter how much I overclocked. Now with those games I don’t even run Afterburner, in default mode the fan stays relatively silent and in game I see 80-90% GPU utilisation to maintain a steady smooth 57fps :D

But after seeing your thread the other day and considering your result is about only 4.5% better than mine with your better cpu oc, I have a question for you. I ended up paying £460 for my Titan X Pascal, did I do well? ;):p:D

Associate
I think my case cooling might be slightly better or I have a better chip (silicon lottery) as I manage slightly better clocks on air. Depending on the game I get between 19xx-20xx when I play games with the fan set to a 1:1 ratio which typically goes to around 74% which is obviously around 74C with my overclock. Obviously anything after 60% can get noisy, but that is why we have headphones :p

The great thing is, games that would get around 40fps with say a 1070/980ti now can run with no oc and hardly any noise due to not even needing to oc the card. At this point I only have a handful of games that need an oc in my whole steam library to reach 60fps, so I won’t need to run the card in noisy mode often. Say Resident Evil 7 or Prey both could not achieve 57fps (what I lock my games to for best G-Sync results at 4K) even when I had a 1080 no matter how much I overclocked. Now with those games I don’t even run Afterburner, in default mode the fan stays relatively silent and in game I see 80-90% GPU utilisation to maintain a steady smooth 57fps :D

But after seeing your thread the other day and considering your result is about only 4.5% better than mine with your better cpu oc, I have a question for you. I ended up paying £460 for my Titan X Pascal, did I do well? ;):p:D

I was going to repaste and do the shunt mod, probably will repaste eventually but I won't do the shunt mod as it's not worth it for 24/7 imo.

I've got a few games at 4k which need the overclock I.e dead rising 3/4 and tbf I can't think of anything else at the moment I just have my fan at 1:1 which does around 75 degrees

For the price you dine very well indeed!! I laid £575 for mine which I still feel is a good price :D. What's your firestrike extreme/heaven results?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I was going to repaste and do the shunt mod, probably will repaste eventually but I won't do the shunt mod as it's not worth it for 24/7 imo.

I've got a few games at 4k which need the overclock I.e dead rising 3/4 and tbf I can't think of anything else at the moment I just have my fan at 1:1 which does around 75 degrees

For the price you dine very well indeed!! I laid £575 for mine which I still feel is a good price :D. What's your firestrike extreme/heaven results?
I don't do Firestrike Extreme. I have been doing Firestrike Ultra since it was released as I have been on 4k for around 4 years now. As for heaven, I did bench that, but I did a stock bench as that is what I have historically done on all other cards I have had in the past. I don't typically post benchmarks, just usually do it and compare it with my old results. But I did also do a Forza Horizon 4 benchmark if you want to go try and beat it, go check out the thread ;)

Anyway, we are probably a bit of topic now. We risk getting told of by good ol Kaapstad :)

Associate
I don't do Firestrike Extreme. I have been doing Firestrike Ultra since it was released as I have been on 4k for around 4 years now. As for heaven, I did bench that, but I did a stock bench as that is what I have historically done on all other cards I have had in the past. I don't typically post benchmarks, just usually do it and compare it with my old results. But I did also do a Forza Horizon 4 benchmark if you want to go try and beat it, go check out the thread ;)

Anyway, we are probably a bit of topic now. We risk getting told of by good ol Kaapstad :)

I'm just downloading the demo now so will give the benchmark a run and let you know how I get on ;)

ahh that's true!! I might run a 1080p Bench on this though at the start my GPU wasn't pegged at 99% so thought it was a bit pointless..

Associate
I got over 6400, but can’t remember the exact score. Will upload the pic once I get home from this gaming bus BD party my son is at. Wish we had these things when I was a kid. Got my son one for his BD too. Has PS4’s, Switch’s, Xbox ones. Had it all.

Associate
2080ti GPU @ 1453 and Memory @ 1875

8086k @ 5.2GHz

2noq3b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom