Not impressed with logitech Harmony Support

Soldato
About a month ago I bought one of the new Sony AF9 OLED TV's,
But my Harmony Elite remote control software does not support this Tv so I e-mail Logitech harmony support to ask if they were looking at adding support for this TV

There Reply
We are always looking for ways to improve the Harmony experience with our users. Unfortunately, we are not able to comment on any future features or integrations.

Great so they can't tell me if they going to be adding support or not for one of Sony new flagship TV's to there £280 remote control :(

Last edited:
Don
Presumably you've tried some of the other models that Logitech do support? (e.g. SONY KD-65AF8 or KD-65A1)

Shock as 3rd party don't immediately support every new TV/Device on the market (regardless of cost of their remote control)

Soldato
As above, try one of the older models.

I needed to contact Logitech support recently with a Harmony remote issue. Even though it was out of warranty the person I dealt with responding to every email within 24 hours with detailed answers and suggestions until the issue was resolved.

Soldato
I have a Harmony Elite and I was able to get it working. I use the Harmony desktop app. I added XBR65A9F. It brought up a list that didn't include the a9f, so I said it wasn't one of those. It then asked me a few questions and it was done. It seems to have all the buttons available except Apps (so I just taught it Apps). It even has the Netflix and GooglePlay button definitions.

Apparently the 930c and 930d remotes work on the a9f as well, so try them if the above doesn't work.

Soldato
Shock as 3rd party don't immediately support every new TV/Device on the market (regardless of cost of their remote control)

But surely the supports bods should have actually helped by suggesting a solution e.g. using another Sony TV not just rolling out a "stock answer" to close the ticket (one of my pet hates)

Soldato
OP
After I sent them this reply
Thanks...Just a Shame your high end Harmony remote controls no support Sony high end AF9 TV's..
They came back with this :)
We'll pass your feedback along to our team.
Just learn the ir commands then. Stop whining. My remote cost more than that and you know what most aren't in the database. Just learnt each button
If no one whines about it maybe nothing will be done ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom