Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum PSU on a Ryzen 2700X build

Associate
I'm going to be giving my current X99 rig to a friend, leaving him just a GPU and keyboard/mouse to buy.

That means I'll need to buy a new PSU for my in-progress Ryzen build. Currently looking at the Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum range and wondering which one to get, assuming that they are a good option?

The rig will have quite a few SSDs (mix of M2 NVME and SATA), a couple of hard drive and quite a few accessories pulling power over USB - the usual webcam, mouse, Yeti mic, DAC etc etc.

Assuming the Prime Ultra Platinum is a good option (seem to read everywhere that it is), what sort of wattage is everyone else using? PC Part Picker suggests I will get away with 500w as I have a EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 GPU, but I could easily see myself going AMD for a GPU in the future....

Thoughts please? :)

Soldato
Seasonic Prime is one of the best PSUs.
Though it has somewhat luxury extra just for 80+ Platinum efficiency, which can be also gotten in Focus Plus serie.
80+ Titanium at least brings something in also very good low load efficiency.

Drives aren't important for power draw, unless you have file server worth of them.
It's CPU and GPU which pretty much decide what's the maximum power draw.
Basically anything which doesn't have clear cooling system can't draw major amount of power.

Associate
OP
Cheers for that @EsaT - think I might push it to the 850w, not because I will use it now, but if I do go AMD in the future for a GPU, there's a small possibility that I could go crossfire. I'd rather buy once now and get something quality that will suit my needs and last :)

Back
Top Bottom