Aura Sync > RGB Fusion?

Associate
I have some fans that are meant to work with Aura Sync,

is there anyway of getting these to work with RBG fusion on my AX370-K7 Gaming AM4 Motherboard?

I think Aura uses a 3 pin while Fusion uses a 4/5pin but maybe there is a cable to adapt?

Cheers guys,

The fans are RGB Rainbow Mirage GameMax

Last edited:
Soldato
RGB is 4 pin, Digital RGB is 3 pin - there are two types of 3 Pin for digital .

Firstly , one is the same as 4 sizing pin but lack on of the middle , so pin-gap-pin-pin
the second version is 3 pin close together . I think the X370 K7 has the former whilst the X470 AORUS has the latter

Associate
OP
RGB is 4 pin, Digital RGB is 3 pin - there are two types of 3 Pin for digital .

Firstly , one is the same as 4 sizing pin but lack on of the middle , so pin-gap-pin-pin
the second version is 3 pin close together . I think the X370 K7 has the former whilst the X470 AORUS has the latter
So what you saying is i would need to bend one of the pins on my motherboard?

Soldato
AX370-K7 Gaming has 12v non-addressable ports, a 4 and 5 pin. [12v][G][R] [12v][G][R][W]

More recent boards also have 5v addressable ports, either 3 or 4 pin [5v][D][G] [5v][D][-][G]

5v digital RGB and 12v RGB are not compatible

RGB Rainbow Mirage GameMax are 4 pin addressable digital RGB [5v][D][-][G]

Last edited:
Associate
OP
AX370-K7 Gaming has 12v non-addressable ports, a 4 and 5 pin. [12v][G][R] [12v][G][R][W]

More recent boards also have 5v addressable ports, either 3 or 4 pin [5v][D][G] [5v][D][-][G]

5v digital RGB and 12v RGB are not compatible

RGB Rainbow Mirage GameMax are 4 pin addressable digital RGB [5v][D][-][G]

Ah so they won't fit the board then :(?

Associate
OP
no, identify what DRGB pin layout the Board and fan has , if they are different will need a bridge connector like XSPC one , that turns close 3 pin to the spaced 3 pin layout

http://www.xs-pc.com/discontinued-2/3pin-gigabyte-rgb-adapter-30cm

You can't buy them anymore, most don't work hence why they stopped producing them.

I'm guessing because sending a 5v connection into a 12v with a plain cable is not a good idea, no box to regulate voltage or anything.

Soldato
You can't buy them anymore, most don't work hence why they stopped producing them.

I'm guessing because sending a 5v connection into a 12v with a plain cable is not a good idea, no box to regulate voltage or anything.
The XSPC lead is just an adaptor to convert Gigabyte to Asus addressable RGB headers. Its not meant for 12v headers.

Its not just voltage, and yes 12v will kill 5v devices. Addressable LEDs only require one signal pin, power, and a common ground. The power can even be from a separate supply. The older 12v RGB sends PWM levels to each RGB pin to make one colour.

And your fans won't work unfortunately. You could get a controller though.

Associate
OP
The XSPC lead is just an adaptor to convert Gigabyte to Asus addressable RGB headers. Its not meant for 12v headers.

Its not just voltage, and yes 12v will kill 5v devices. Addressable LEDs only require one signal pin, power, and a common ground. The power can even be from a separate supply. The older 12v RGB sends PWM levels to each RGB pin to make one colour.

And your fans won't work unfortunately. You could get a controller though.

What controller would be best for a 6x fan 3pin 5v?

When asking Game Max directly they replied with this:

Hi,

Yes, our rainbow fan has 3pin RGB connector, matching with AURA motherboard, if Gigabyte AX370, need additional adapter cable, that you’d ask the shop where you buy this motherboard

Associate
OP
Your motherboard doesn't have an addressable RGB header so you can't use the RGB on those fans.

Another Game Max responce:

"Hi

It will not directly work with gigabyte MB,

You’d buy a adapter cable, or you manual adjust it and connect 4pin of them, (it is may hard for you as I think), U ignore “W” pin of Gigabyte , just use 12V /BRG,in right connection,

http://www.aone.co.uk/ProdInfo.ASP?ProductID=6125"

The real question here is i know its not gonna work directly, i just want either an adapter cable or hub so i can make it work.

Soldato
OK, Game Max don't know their own product. That link is a totally different fan.

Your Rainbow Mirage has 5V addressable LEDs. Your Gigabyte board only has 12V RGB header. There is no adapter in the world that will switch between the 2. Ergo, you cannot run your fan LEDs from your motherboard.

Soldato
What controller would be best for a 6x fan 3pin 5v?

When asking Game Max directly they replied with this:

Hi,

Yes, our rainbow fan has 3pin RGB connector, matching with AURA motherboard, if Gigabyte AX370, need additional adapter cable, that you’d ask the shop where you buy this motherboard
Corsair Commander Pro connects to a usb header on any motherboard. Had 6x fan power outlets and 2 digital RGB channels. That Aerocool P7-H1 has 5 fan ports, no idea on its software. The Corsair iCUE is excellent.

If you were to plug in your fans LED's they'd die, you can't adapt the 12v to 5v

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Corsair Commander Pro connects to a usb header on any motherboard. Had 6x fan power outlets and 2 digital RGB channels. That Aerocool P7-H1 has 5 fan ports, no idea on its software. The Corsair iCUE is excellent.

If you were to plug in your fans LED's they'd die, you can't adapt the 12v to 5v

OK, Game Max don't know their own product. That link is a totally different fan.

Your Rainbow Mirage has 5V addressable LEDs. Your Gigabyte board only has 12V RGB header. There is no adapter in the world that will switch between the 2. Ergo, you cannot run your fan LEDs from your motherboard.

Right i understand, thanks guys.

But is there a controller I could use with these 6 rainbow fans that would work before i send them back?

Will the Commander Pro work?

Back
Top Bottom