• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA 2080ti question

Associate
The EVGA 2080ti black is now available for £999.

I have this card and I have to say I have seen it boost the core upto and beyond 1800 mhz according to the OSD with MSI Afterburner. Boost speed on the product page shows it being 1545mhz.

I have not tried overclocking the card as it rips through everything thrown at it anyways.

Am i getting confused regarding the boost speeds?

Last edited:
Associate
I have the EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB BLACK EDITION (11G-P4-2281-KR).
It got so hot and so noisy using the iCX2 cooler that I decided to watercool my whole setup.

interesting, mine never goes beyond 75c and fans never ramp up higher than ~60% (~2100 rpm) under heavy gaming load

I found that anything below 55% fans on this card is virtually silent too

Associate
I have this card and I have to say I have seen it boost the core upto and beyond 1800 mhz according to the OSD with MSI Afterburner. Boost speed on the product page shows it being 1545mhz.

I have not tried overclocking the card as it rips through everything thrown at it anyways.

Am i getting confused regarding the boost speeds?

I observed this also, before doing any overclocks, the Precision X1 tool was showing the card running at 1800MHz pretty much solid during gameplay. Its now ~2010MHz solid during gameplay now after the overclock applied. Im also confused as to what the official boost spec is referring to..

Associate
I noticed mine boosts to 1800+ without an overclock aswell.

For reference on the temperatures, I had the card in a Corsair Carbide Air 240 - which is a pretty small case but even with the side panel off I could easily get over 80c playing BF V.

Man of Honour
I noticed mine boosts to 1800+ without an overclock aswell.

For reference on the temperatures, I had the card in a Corsair Carbide Air 240 - which is a pretty small case but even with the side panel off I could easily get over 80c playing BF V.

Almost all Turing cards will boost over 1800 at stock.

Some will go quite a bit higher depending on how cool you keep them.

Soldato
I have the EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB BLACK EDITION (11G-P4-2281-KR).

It got so hot and so noisy using the iCX2 cooler that I decided to watercool my whole setup.

I'm really happy with the card now, using the EKWB GPU block, temps under load have gone from 85 down to sub 55 (2x 240 rads with an i9 9900k).

Like Calo, I've also put +200 on the core without issues, although I haven't pushed further.

100% recommend the card if you're going to watercool it, if not then I'd go with something with a more substantial cooler.

What case did you have it in? I think these 2-fan cards do need very good airflow, otherwise they are going to get a bit toasty. As you say, for watercooling it's a very solid choice, especially as it can be had for £999 right now.

Anyone paying £200-300 extra for a card they're going to be putting a block on is loony tunes! The only reason to pay more is if you need the extra air cooling capability that a chunky heatsink+extra fan offers... which obviously all gets removed if you're watercooling.

Soldato
It was in a Corsair Carbide Air 240, with a H100i pulling air through the rad on the front.

So yeah, not the best airflow I admit.

Yeah definitely choked in there. I think some of the mini-ITX cases with the GPU vertical and getting air directly from outside is more optimal for a GPU like this.

Back
Top Bottom