Dyson V10... Any Discounts?

Permabanned
You’d love my house I’ve got 2 one for upstairs and one for downstairs and a Nespresso in 4 rooms.....and my garage. I am Mr Must Have.

I need one of these v10’s though to hoover me v10. I’ve got a 3DFX for me Tetris too.

I used to be like that. I’m trying to help the op out; since I bought a £500 hoover 3 years ago my life has never reached such highs again. I even leased an M3 in a misguided attempt to bring that sweet sense of achievement back into my life, it didn’t work, nothing works, NOTHING!

Soldato
Dyson products are like iPhones. However good the latest model is, next year's edition will always have a claimed "20% more x"- where x is suction power, battery life, capacity, etc. You don't just buy one, you become a subscriber.

Man of Honour
I used to be like that. I’m trying to help the op out; since I bought a £500 hoover 3 years ago my life has never reached such highs again. I even leased an M3 in a misguided attempt to bring that sweet sense of achievement back into my life, it didn’t work, nothing works, NOTHING!
Those Jone’s, you must keep ahead!!

Of course where I live it’s the Lords and Laides but it’s the same. :)

Soldato
V10 Absolute is a fantastic hoover, had the DC35 for almost 8 years. Main use is household but it is powerful enough to do deeper cleans. To save the hoover on wear and tear however (for real grubby work) got a Charlie hoover, which is a workhorse also.

Cordless has its perks, especially when spot cleaning after the kids! :p

Soldato
Tesco are doing the V6 with long neck attachment included for £200 - seems a decent price.

The v6 has a crappy dust catcher design, it’s awful. Put me off dyson products, style over substance for sure. I only use mine for quick runs around the house, The Miele I have is leagues ahead.

Soldato
We were thinking Mele but I had poor feedback from my German Shepard group on faceache, the Shark by far and away was the recommendation.

Care to elaborate as to why?

In my experience mines been the best by a long long way - and the fur from my two is an excellent vacuum killer - I’ve got three dead Dysons in my shed and two equally dead Vax “Max Pet”’s it’s a vacuum graveyard! :D

Did they have the model with the pet brush? My recommendation comes from a vacuum repair tech who has spent decades doing that job. His short of it was: bagless sucks (empties dust back into the room), go bagged. Miele is the best for overall performance and reliability. Shark are terrible for that, longevity is suspect.

Caporegime
Did they have the model with the pet brush? My recommendation comes from a vacuum repair tech who has spent decades doing that job. His short of it was: bagless sucks (empties dust back into the room), go bagged. Miele is the best for overall performance and reliability. Shark are terrible for that, longevity is suspect.
I've got a pet brush attatchment but they both absolutely hate it - they both are scared of the vacum cleaner - so it remains unused.
I thought of a Miele but the upright was cumbersome compared to the Shark's "liftaway" design - which is great for cleaning under beds etc - and I've never liked hauling cylinder vacuums around, I find the Shark really easy to use and excellent for getting into tight spaces

For getting the considerable fur deposits out of my carpet I find it great - by far better than the Dyson's and Vax's, I've also got a car clean kit for it which comes with numerous little attatchments for cleaning the inside of the car which great for getting into tight spots in the car.

As for longevity I'm not particularly concerned, it comes with a 5 year warranty - which is 3 more than Miele on Vacum cleaners.

Miele are good, I don't doubt that for a moment, but thus far I'm very impressed with the Shark, my only gripe is the canister could be bigger - I have to empty it after each room - although thats probably more down to the sheer volume of fur it has to ingest! :D

Soldato
Nilfisk wet & dry vacuum here. Used for floors, car, pulling sawdust out of power tools, clearing gutters, clearing drains. Ridiculous machine. Domestic vacuum cleaners are easier to carry about but that's the only advantage they hold. £500 on one is quite funny.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I love my V10. No complaints from the cleaner who uses it either.

Parents gave it a whirl the other day and were shocked how much better it was than their v6.

I still have a 10 year old Miele cat & dog but it doesn't pick up as much as the V10 with it's powered rotating head.

Back
Top Bottom