Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
are you my dad or something.

You're the one telling people not to post watches or whatever because you're bored of everyone's flashy purchases even though you're guilty of the same. So make your mind up.

Rather a £400 watch than spending £800 on a robotised trash can but that's my own opinion that no one else cares about.

Man of Honour
would rather see modest purchases like your models Rob, watches flashy harry apartments yawn, even the holiday 2019 thread is cringe time.
Why is that? What do you determine is appropriate in a post some stuff you bought thread? Does this thread need a limit to satisfy your self esteem and principals?

I agree some people share too much about the pounds and pennies of what they are spending, but that is up to them. But we have LOADS of threads about people, money and spending habits where prices are asked and discussed. It seems however when the money is serious is annoys some people. This is after all a show what you bought thread and no one worries when someone asks how much a pair of shoes were, or a set of headphones or a telly.

We are a forum of mixed sorts and sorts who have grown up too and who were posting 2K cars 15 years ago and are now posting 80K cars, for example. Why not appreciate that instead of getting uppity about it? It's not like you are walking into a pub and talking at the top of your voice, it is a show us your **** sunshines thread.

Soldato
Soldato
Why is that? What do you determine is appropriate in a post some stuff you bought thread? Does this thread need a limit to satisfy your self esteem and principals?

I agree some people share too much about the pounds and pennies of what they are spending, but that is up to them. But we have LOADS of threads about people, money and spending habits where prices are asked and discussed. It seems however when the money is serious is annoys some people. This is after all a show what you bought thread and no one worries when someone asks how much a pair of shoes were, or a set of headphones or a telly.

We are a forum of mixed sorts and sorts who have grown up too and who were posting 2K cars 15 years ago and are now posting 80K cars, for example. Why not appreciate that instead of getting uppity about it? It's not like you are walking into a pub and talking at the top of your voice, it is a show us your **** sunshines thread.

You know @Housey I’ve always appreciated your posts and I think your “Man of Honour” was well deserved, but this post really sums up good common sense others should aspire to. This is a vanity thread, so to expect anything else is just silly, appreciate it for what it is and have a bit of fun I say!

Man of Honour
You know @Housey I’ve always appreciated your posts and I think your “Man of Honour” was well deserved, but this post really sums up good common sense others should aspire to. This is a vanity thread, so to expect anything else is just silly, appreciate it for what it is and have a bit of fun I say!
Thanks for saying so. I try to keep balance, I often fail but it's not for the want of fail, I mean trying. :)

Soldato

I earn good enough money to quit my job almost a year ago and spend time with my fiancee and newborn, now looking to set something up myself as a way to cement my future. I don't post the vast majority of things I buy because there's always that presumption that you have to justify things. I certainly don't earn enough to wear a Breguet or drive a McLaren but I enjoy people posting them because good for them!

Everyone here aspires to the same thing, to be able to enjoy what we spend all day earning. It's not a race and there's no prize.

Soldato
would rather see modest purchases like your models Rob, watches flashy harry apartments yawn, even the holiday 2019 thread is cringe time.

Your right, that thread is cringe. But this one is for purchases, no matter the value. You can spot people who want you to know how much money they have a mile off, on forums and in real life.... just smile and ignore them.

Man of Honour
Yeah I enjoy the willy waving in this thread. It's motivational to see people doing well.

I enjoy seeing people post expensive cars, watches, TV's etc than I do someone buying a £30 pair of trainers. But doesn't mean I don't want to see those things too. The only thing I don't enjoy is when people come across like they're bragging about how much they spend or have to make a throwaway comment about how much they earn when trying to belittle someone else.

Soldato
Everyone here aspires to the same thing, to be able to enjoy what we spend all day earning. It's not a race and there's no prize.

Totally agree with that. I like seeing the range if things we get posted but I do agree some is a little cringe worthy at times. Great to see people doing well who can hopefully inspire others or share advice. I also think the forum in general has a fairly wide spectrum of people but let's not forget that it is a computer hardware enthusiasts site, nobody batters an eyelid when we see a couple of 2080Ti's.

Back
Top Bottom