How much bleed is to much bleed?

Associate
I have a new Benq Ex 3203R monitor and the bleed is rerrible over large parts of the display ... Is there a level where you would return a monitor? I will try and get some pictures up tomorrow !

Soldato
It's hard to say... is it visible in a well lit room on content that isn't particularly dark? If so, that would definitely qualify as too much. It can be very much a subjective thing though. I've seen friends monitors which are terrible to my eyes, but they don't seem fussed. You're always going to get some in a dark room on dark content, but as I say, if it's very obvious in well lit conditions on lighter content, I'd be looking to return it for sure.

Associate
I have a new Benq Ex 3203R monitor and the bleed is rerrible over large parts of the display ... Is there a level where you would return a monitor? I will try and get some pictures up tomorrow !
I returned that exact panel, horrible bleed and ghosting, the worst I have ever seen, even worse than my old ips predator. Lovely construction but terrible panel. It also confirmed for me that 32 inch is too big for 1440p, text looks horrible. It was also the least responsive of any high refresh rate panel I have used. There are a few top youtubers that rated that monitor highly along with magazines like custom pc giving it 85%.

Soldato
I'd return "any" bleed until the manufacturers learn than it's not ok to tell me that's just how screens are.

They don't have to be. It's just cost cutting.

(I went VA. Zero bleed. Some black crush. I find this easier to handle.)

Associate
How receptive are manufacturers to a return for bleed and uniformity. I’m looking at IPS 1440p and I’m worried about getting a bad example which the seller (could be anyone even overclockers) they say it’s fine and does not accept it’s not fit for purpose

Soldato
How receptive are manufacturers to a return for bleed and uniformity. I’m looking at IPS 1440p and I’m worried about getting a bad example which the seller (could be anyone even overclockers) they say it’s fine and does not accept it’s not fit for purpose

If you return within 14 days, they can't refuse it.

Back
Top Bottom