Where to Stay in Rome

Soldato
Considering a short break in Rome with the other half. None of us have visited Rome before, but we’re both keen to to see the usual haunts.
Recommendations for places to stay that are central to all the tourist trappings such as the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore etc.

Associate
I stayed at La Griffe Roma and you wouldn't want to stay any closer to the railway station than that - it's a well dodgy area and my OH did not feel safe
Top tip - if the ticket queues are long at the colusseum, just go over to the palatine hill and get your tickets there - at the height of the summer it can save you loads of time
If you intend going to the Vatican Museum, get your tickets online beforehand

Associate
I stayed at Hotel Le Clarisse Al Pantheon and was very comfortable - the room was fine and the breakfast was very good, it's also in a relatively quiet side street.
The location is excellent - 1 minute's walk to the Pantheon and Piazza Navona, 5 or 10 minutes to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps and 15 minutes to the Colosseum; the Vatican is a bit more of a stroll but still easily within walking distance.

Soldato
I went for a week in November '18 and so I chose to stay in an Airbnb which there are lots of in the centre.
I was only a few minutes away from Spanish Steps which was perfect for reaching all the sites but I found it more of a hassle for restaurants and bars.

Most of the recommended food and drink places are around the river so if I was going again I'd find a place near there. It is much easier to have to walk further to get to some sites rather than having to go across the city just for a meal or a drink. Of course there are restaurants everywhere but you end up being very close to sites and therefore 'tourist trap' food places too.

Soldato
I stayed at La Griffe Roma and you wouldn't want to stay any closer to the railway station than that - it's a well dodgy area and my OH did not feel safe
Top tip - if the ticket queues are long at the colusseum, just go over to the palatine hill and get your tickets there - at the height of the summer it can save you loads of time
If you intend going to the Vatican Museum, get your tickets online beforehand

The area around the station is sketchy AF. You are constantly aware that the local scrotes are watching you to see if they think you’re worth turning over.

Soldato
I stayed in an Airbnb close to the Pantheon it was lovely and waking up not far and walking past the Pantheon everyday always left me in awe.

Also great location to walk to anything and you certainly can clock up the miles in Rome id definitely walk everywhere just to see it all and eat plenty of Pizza and Gelato.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I've been 3 times and always stay near Termini station. A few people say it's "sketchy" and while I wouldn't disagree, it's not really a problem per se, never had any problems. Perfect location to either walk to the sights, or get the metro around. Always somewhere open to eat any time of day or night. Also where you get the bus for the airports.

Back
Top Bottom