**Australian Open** Tennis Jan 14th - 27th

Soldato
3 grand slam finals in a row now for murray and hes won one of them

he's getting better all the time.

did everyone see state of his feet? surprised he can even walk! they was like ravaged pieces of meat!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
3 grand slam finals in a row now for murray and hes one one of them

he's getting better all the time.

did everyone see state of his feet? surprised he can even walk! they was like ravaged pieces of meat!

Part and parcel of the tennis world...I bet every players feet are like that! :eek:

Was a terrific performance from Novak in the end...he just kept hitting the lines every bloomin' time! Gotta give him credit here, world number 1 for a reason.

Soldato
article-2269042-1731E659000005DC-977_634x547.jpg

:eek:

Caporegime
When Murray was on top Djokovic managed to hang on but as soon as Djokovic started playing better he just blew Murray away.

With Federer on the way out it's hard to know who could take out Djokovic in the run to a final because I think he'd beat Murray 9 times out of 10 unfortunately. There's not much between them but not much is more than enough to win.

Man of Honour
I know Murray has strength and endurance but I'm surprised more players just don't try to physically kill him. Make him chase balls around like a headless chicken he's bound to hurt something after a while.

As Pigeon says there's very few that can live with him at the moment, let alone dictate the play to him and he met one of that very select group in the final but for most of the first two sets looked the better player. The standard in the first two sets was unbelievably high but particularly from Murray who was winning something like 80% of his first serves in the first set while Djokovic was winning 68% - that's nothing to be sniffed at as 68% is the sort of form that often wins a set.

Well done to Djokovic, he ran out a deserved winner in the end. There were a fair few points where you could say "what if..." but there's no shame in losing to someone who has to rank as an all time great. Two of the most returningist (it's a new word ok :p) players in the game means that it was a very punishing match for both of them although I rather suspect it's easier to look fresher when you've just won. The margins aren't huge at this level but hopefully the next one will be Murray's.

Soldato
Next year lets see if the draw can give Murray vs Ferrer in one semi and Novak vs Federer in the other a day later - and lets see if the final is still the same result, thats the only way to be sure.

Well done Novak, he took his chances (especially later in the match) when Andy couldnt earlier on (in 2nd set).

It will still be interesting to see if Nadal can come back as powerful and successful as he was prviously and how Federer copes with Novak and AM, it does seem as though those three/four (if Nadal does make it back) are a good step above the rest though

Associate
Next year lets see if the draw can give Murray vs Ferrer in one semi and Novak vs Federer in the other a day later - and lets see if the final is still the same result, thats the only way to be sure.

Well done Novak, he took his chances (especially later in the match) when Andy couldnt earlier on (in 2nd set).

It will still be interesting to see if Nadal can come back as powerful and successful as he was prviously and how Federer copes with Novak and AM, it does seem as though those three/four (if Nadal does make it back) are a good step above the rest though

Djokovic beat Murray in the 2nd semi last year, also a 5 setter, and then went on to win the longest final in the Open era...

Soldato
Just saw the end of the Federer match. Tsitsipas's serves looked really good, his points came easy while Federer needed to fight a lot harder for his.

Soldato
Agreed. Osaka can enjoy her win (if she triumphs) without it being overshadowed by Serena's tantrums; and if Kvitova wins, it will mark a great comeback after being attacked and injured.

The absence of Serena in a final is always welcome. I cheered when I saw she had been knocked out by Pliskova.

Back
Top Bottom