• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD CCC refuses to open

Associate
Hi,

I've noticed this issue for the past 1-2 months. If I try to open AMD Catalyst it doesn't work. If I DDU and reinstall it works for a while, but eventually it gives up and I am back to uninstalling and reinstalling.

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Soldato
Hi,

I've noticed this issue for the past 1-2 months. If I try to open AMD Catalyst it doesn't work. If I DDU and reinstall it works for a while, but eventually it gives up and I am back to uninstalling and reinstalling.

a) Use DDU to wipe out the driver in windows safe mode. As you are there, make sure it sets the windows not to install new drivers of their own.
b) After reboot, use CCLeaner and fix registry. Run it twice.
c) Install latest drivers 19.1.1 or 19.1.2.

Btw I do hope you using latest drivers, as CCC is gone for years. Wattman is the new name of the software.
Let us know how it goes.

Associate
OP
Safe mode, used DDU, restarted, CCleaner, restart, installed latest AMD, restart...

But still won't open..

Could it be another software im missing or causing a conflict?

Soldato
Hi,

What version of Windows are you using?

Associate
The Windows Event Log might show why it is crashing.

Start > eventvwr.msc

Expand Windows Logs and select the Application log

Select "Filter Current Log" and select "Critical" "Error" and "Warning" events.

The application crash may be recorded in an Application Error event (ID 1000) and it may display some useful information.

Soldato
Just to check, can you still see the AMD notification in the notification area, and when you right click at the desktop, does it still offer the Radeon settings option?

I saw a weird problem last month where if you let it update itself, it replaces itself with the minimal version without CCC. Disabled updates and turned off the AMD notification within the Windows notification settings.

Associate
OP
Hmm.. yeah that was the same as me, icon was there, right click menu was there, but no way of opening it.

I have reinstalled a fresh windows today and its working so far, so I will turn off automatic updating for AMD and hopefully that will sort the issue if I ever update again.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom